Rampant Games - What Would You Update?

That's a tough one.

Krondor or Starflight. I just can't make a pick.

Seven Cities of Gold would be nice, but it would probably suck as the first remake did. The remake altered the gameplay for worse without any apparent reason.

Daggerfall would get my vote as well.

I'd rebuy Kronder in about 3 seconds flat if I knew for certain it would work on my current system, without any mods or messing with my setup. While not rolling your own character was a minor letdown, the story more than compensated for it.

-Carn

Yours is not a direct remake correct?

No definitely not a remake. Unfettered is in the same genre and very similar to Privateer or Freelancer but not related at all in story or setting to either.

I'm encouraged to see all the clamors for Betrayal at Krondor remake though. If I have any success whatsoever with Unfettered, a BaK style'd game was on my short list for my next project.

No definitely not a remake. Unfettered is in the same genre and very similar to Privateer or Freelancer but not related at all in story or setting to either.

I'm encouraged to see all the clamors for Betrayal at Krondor remake though. If I have any success whatsoever with Unfettered, a BaK style'd game was on my short list for my next project.

Do that and I'll buy 10 copies at a minimum. Possibly even more. I'll gift them to strangers ffs!!! =)

-Carn

After U7, I'd probably go with Savage Empire then Martian Dreams.

Branching out from Ultima though, I'd love to see WC1 & 2 remade at the quality of WC4, and I'd love to see a 3-D remake of Quest for Glory 1 & 2.

Arcanum

Darklands with some rebalancing so that all skills become meaningful (I wouldnt touch the combat mechanics and menu driven interface though, those are fairly user friendly and fast by modern standards as well).

Ultima Underworld 1 and 2 with a modern engine would also be neat.

Without a doubt - Uncharted Waters 2. The magic of the setting was so powerful; you knew what was going to be uncovered on the map, but the shapes of these ostensibly familiar coastlines were still confusing enough up close. If they could make the world a few times larger, it would be so, so, so compelling.

I can't think of a single classic game I'd like to see a remake off. That's probably because I've never really seen a good remake. Anyone have any examples of one?

I can't think of a single classic game I'd like to see a remake off. That's probably because I've never really seen a good remake. Anyone have any examples of one?

How many remakes have there been though? If you think about it, very few classics have been remade up to this point. Video games are still a fairly young form of media, and I don't think we've reached the point yet where we're seeing much of an effort to remake many older titles.

Back
Top Bottom