What games are you playing now?

The Darkness, for $7, on the 360. I'm on a cheap game kick lately. For those who don't know, this is a game from a few years back, mostly an FPS, with other-worldly superpowers. I picked it up because I've heard good things about its storytelling.

Indeed, it does have very good storytelling so far, although I'm not a big fan of the topic (mafia). I like the sense of humor. The Beserkers you hatch do funny stuff to the corpses after they kill them, like make a sarcastic remark and then pee on them.

The atmosphere of the game is very solid. The game comes from the folks who did Chronicles of Riddick, so it's got that same sort of vibe, except without the annoying presence of Vin Diesel.

My main complaint is that the shooting controls are not smooth at all. I had to turn the game down to Easy, simply because the movement was so awkward, I kept dying, and I was getting too frustrated.

The Darkness, for $7, on the 360. I'm on a cheap game kick lately. For those who don't know, this is a game from a few years back, mostly an FPS, with other-worldly superpowers. I picked it up because I've heard good things about its storytelling.

I remember that game. It's based on the comic book right?

It's not just you. I played a ton of NWN1. I'm one of the 5 people in the world that actually liked the NWN1 OC. I couldn't finish NWN2. I want to like it, but it simply refused to grab me. I'll give it another try some day.

I could stomach the actual OC story, boring as it was... if only combat wasn't so easy and dull as well :(

Hordes Of The Underdark was actually fun though, 3rd time was the charm.

NWN1 felt closer to Diablo than D&D to me. I hated not having the full party like the IE games. A single character + sidekick just wasn't enough.

I'm getting my money's worth of Dragon Age - 96 hours played, like 50% completed.
Havent been playing it really at all lately, taking a break. Love the game but have spent the last couple weeks on DA sabbatical playing other things. Like LOTRO. Ive got time. Probably read the other DA book "the calling" in the interim

Speaking of DA… remember the ridiculous mage hats. I thought they were horrible, until i started playing LOTRO - omg. Lotro heagear give DA's mage hats a run for their money when it comes to absurdity. Ive scored like three so far that were awful, the latest is my Hunter helm I was all excited about….

From the moment the great hunter handed it to me, I thought it looked a little strange. Maybe it would look better on me. It fit well enough, and was comfortable, and has great stats, but makes me look like some unfortunate cross between Teddy Ruxpin and Batman.

Attachments

• lotro1.jpg
    lotro1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 52
  • lotro3.jpg
    lotro3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Is there anybody around that actually finished the NWN2 OC? I'm another casualty that just cannot get even to the middle of the game, let alone the ending… :bored: *yawn*
(Started the game about 3 years ago? -still in progress… :p)

@ Samhain: I actually like interesting and weird hats and armour - anything that is not generic and appeals to my 'creative' side. :ahoy:

Talking of The Darkness - a friend played it on the 360 and it looked pretty cool. I don't suppose it will ever get ported to PC?

I am playing transport tycoon deluxe , my friends say that it is retarded but i love making junctions , bridges and tunnels

He is retarded... that is one of the best games ever made!

I am playing transport tycoon deluxe , my friends say that it is retarded but i love making junctions , bridges and tunnels :)
Oh man, that takes me back! Gets kind of boring after you've bought out all your competition though :(

Is there anybody around that actually finished the NWN2 OC?

I finished a couple of times on PC and endured the awful performance to play it again when it was ported to Mac (which was abysmal, aside from terrible performance there was no expansion support and they stopped patches!)

From the moment the great hunter handed it to me, I thought it looked a little strange. Maybe it would look better on me. It fit well enough, and was comfortable, and has great stats, but makes me look like some unfortunate cross between Teddy Ruxpin and Batman.

Sam, the problem is you are playing an elf! Now on a hobbit that would look grand ;)

I remember running into a hobbit in the AH who had chosen and colored his outfit to look just like a Garden gnome:D

w00h00! Got Wizards & Warriors (somewhat) running on my Netbook! But then again, Divinity II comes out here this week ...

w00h00! Got Wizards & Warriors (somewhat) running on my Netbook! But then again, Divinity II comes out here this week …

Well so much for that ... it keeps locking up randomly despite following all of the advice.

Well so much for that … it keeps locking up randomly despite following all of the advice.
The game that could have been... Such promise squashed by literally hundreds of bugs. A bit sad. Long live the Uber-Horse. *cue funeral dirge*

Back
Top Bottom