Baldur's Gate 2: EE - Patch 1.2.2030

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Overhaul Games has news on the Baldur's Gate 2: EE forums that a new patch is avaiable. Here are the details.

There's an update for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition for Windows and Mac. As with any update, expect the download speed to be a little slow for a bit while it uploads to our servers.

The big "headliners" here are the memory leaks people reported that caused corruption of saved games, and creature spawns being lost during reload. A full list is below:

Patch 1.2.2030

Performance Improvements

#7036: Memory leaks with ground piles no longer an issue
#6994: Saving the game from the “Quit Game” menu now generates a proper screenshot and portraits for the Load Game screen
#6902: The game UI no longer flashes on screen before starting the game (Black Pits II).
#7047: Pressing the up or down arrows on the Record screen no longer crashes the game.

General Enhancements

#7010: Action icons are now much more clearly active or inactive (active buttons are no longer gray-scaled).
#7011: Multi-class kit names now display correctly in the statistics panel of the Record screen (Jaheira’s classes, for example, now list “Fighter” and “Druid” instead of “Fighter/Druid” and “Fighter/Druid”).
#4605: Creature spawns no longer disappear when loading a saved game.
#6942: Speaking characters now display the white feedback circle under their avatars regardless of the setting in Options > Gameplay > Feedback.
#6991: The Options screen from the main menu now displays the game logo correctly.
#7026: Neera now waits near the entrance to the Hidden Refuge if you refuse to let her join the party in the Wild Forest.
#7032: Neera's "Wooden Horse Necklace" is now properly treated as a magical protection item.
#7048: The blindness effect during the Blinding Sun trial now correctly offers a saving throw.
#7040: The collarbell's deafness effect now wears off properly after resting.
#7046: NPC dialogue loop with Hexxat, Dorn, and Rasaad closed in the Underdark.
#7014: Timmoth's dialogue no longer forms an infinite loop (Black Pits II).
#6955: Bards with the Set Spiked Trap high-level ability may now correctly set the trap. (Requires a new game to take effect if your bard is already at least level 24.)
#7008: Timmoth's dialogue no longer displays "no valid replies or links" after talking about a confrontation with the Winged (Black Pits II)
#7027: Hexxat no longer talks to herself while talking to Haer'Dalis.
#7053: Dorn's patron is no longer mentioned during Bodhi's scene if Dorn has no patron at that point.
#7059: Hexxat no longer teleports away during the Bodhi "kidnapping" sequence.
#7061: Dragomir no longer disappears after resting in another area.
#7062: Dorn no longer repeats his post-sparring romance talk after the player rejects his advances.
#7068: Stannel no longer gives away the ending like a jerk (Black Pits II).
#7071: Hexxat no longer bugs the player to hurry up and get to Dragomir's Tomb...if the player is already there.
#7072: The new (EE) NPCs no longer appear as options in Phaere's dialogue if they are not currently in the party.
#7087: WIlson's claws are now flagged as magical weapons.
#7088: Dennaton no longer transports into the arena by the effects of Striv's Wrangler (Black Pits II).
#6165: Slings and throwing daggers no longer grant a THAC0 bonus from Strength.
#7076: Weapon Mastery (as well as High Mastery and Grand Mastery) now grants the correct (as advertised) bonuses to THAC0, Damage, and APR.
#7097: Fallen Rangers and Dragon Disciples now list their correct class names on the Record screen and in their Kit Descriptions.
More information.

What's funny is #6994 existed in BGEE1 when it came out, got fixed and now came back in BGEE2...

Customer support is non existent on this game. My game will not play, all I see is a series of white lines horizontally and vertically. No help on this issue whatsoever. Save your money

Hu? Have you visited the official forum? Devs and mods are constantly answering there.

I've asked the question twice in 2 troubleshooting threads and they remain unanswered. So I stand by what I say. Don't waste your money

Just cause I'm curious... could you please link these topics?

Customer support is non existent on this game. My game will not play, all I see is a series of white lines horizontally and vertically. No help on this issue whatsoever. Save your money

Huh? The game has only been out for a week and they've already released a sizable patch. Besides, the majority of people aren't having any issues at all. You sound like you're just trolling.

It does sound like trolling and it's not persuasive. But it could be a problem specific to that PC. Maybe a driver issue or something flaky with the graphics card.

Are you guys serious? Trolling? Give me a break. I spent my money, it doesn't work, end of story

I don't doubt that you're having a legitimate issue, but to try to claim that customer support is non-existent and that people shouldn't buy the game is ridiculous.

Are you guys serious? Trolling? Give me a break. I spent my money, it doesn't work, end of story

Then why not list your pc specs and OS and maybe someone can help you? rather than just telling people not to buy it because it doesn't work on your pc and tech support hasn't answered you yet.

A quick look on the official forums will show a number of fixes for various graphics problems and even more can be found with a quick google search.

I mean its pc gaming s*** happens sometimes and you need to put a little work in to it.

Do you have Intel HD or another (sub)par solution?
Seriously, I just started up a couple of charachters. I am not agreeing to everything beamdog have done, but to accuse them of not trying?

So, if you dont want to be called a troll, give us specs and whatever.
so far, it just smells of sour grapes.
C

A striking picture i saw in the bg forums. Made me smile, I doubt latest cod, gta or whatever has such a scene after 14 years :)

d1ab00cfad431257bda831c07fa89b.jpg

OK, you mention dumping comments into a thread.

Did you tweet at them?
Did you follow the instructions on the site regarding help / support and returns?

I am assuming 'NO' - because otherwise you would have mentioned those things, and frankly I will call 'BS' if you now claim to have done so.

Bitching about not getting support when you don't even follow the basic rules of GETTING support ... that is trolling.

If after a reasonable time and effort on your part the problem isn't resolved and you cannot get a refund ... THEN you can feel free to whine. But at least put forth an effort.

A striking picture i saw in the bg forums. Made me smile, I doubt latest cod, gta or whatever has such a scene after 14 years :)

d1ab00cfad431257bda831c07fa89b.jpg

They forgot: Still Active modding community.

#7068: Stannel no longer gives away the ending like a jerk (Black Pits II).

:rolleyes:

Of course there was a few comments on how to fix the problem. One gave instructions on how to get rid of the problem and it seemed like the person knew what they were talking about (Unlike most of you jerks). I followed the instructions to the letter, and half-way through, there was a message on the screen saying I should restart my computer, I did and guess what; my computer wouldn't start. I wound up having to reformat my computer and I lost all my games. I will repeat, no customer service.

:rolleyes:

The issue you're describing is I believe this:
f4e4413b35c17de84704ff13381841.jpg

1. It's known that in order to play not just this game but any, you have to update your drivers. Now some people know, some don't, that there is a certain utility for that so you get everything easily without relying on crappy Microsoft's updates schemes. It's called Slimdrivers and it's free (although you pay if you want the version that updates everything in one step instead 1 by 1):
http://www.driverupdate.net/

2. Next thing is that the game (currently) doesn't work on ancient Intel GPU. Should developers of a game write correct drivers for those? Of course not! Either blame it on Intel or buy a proper machine, not some cheap junk.

3. Finally, if you really did what I think you did, and that's hacking the system with Linux, serves you right to reinstall the machine afterwards. Do not ever hack unless you know what are you doing, or in other words - UNLESS YOU'VE MADE HDD IMAGE. As External HHDs are utterly cheap nowadays.
And your failed attempt on hacking is not the reason to spit on anyone, especially not here on RPGwatch. Go codex, they'll probably understand your feelings.

Oh and btw, I didn't buy BG:EE nor BG2:EE. I have old ones and I don't care for phone compatible fancyness. Still, blaming the customer support for something that is not their fault is outrageous.

I did not hack anything, in fact I wouldn't know how to 'hack' in the first place. I have very little computer knowledge. I am 70 years old and don't even know how to work a modern cell phone. I bought BG:EE and it works fine. Your image is almost exactly what I see when I open the game. Only difference is that all I see is white lines without any characters visible. My PC is Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz. Updated my NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT video card with the latest video driver.

Like I said I did exactly what the "expert" said and I lost everything. If the person told me to 'hack' something, I wouldn't know. I still say that the Developers have NOT answered my two questions of how to fix the game. I have the original BG2
as well as the BG:EE, not much difference between the BG and than the BG:EE so I figure I am only out a few bucks.

Back
Top Bottom