CD Projekt RED - Tomasz Gop to Leave CD Projekt RED

aries100

SasqWatch
According to http://www.gamezilla.pl/content/tomasz-gop-odchodzi-z-cd-projekt-red Tomasz Gop has left or are planning to leave CD Projekt RED, the studio responsible for The Witcher 1 and Witcher 2. The news is in Polish, but luckily EbonHawk on the gogforums has translated this into English. A few samples of the translation:
Tomasz Gop worked at CD Project Red for 5 years and in that time he travelled upwards on a professional ladder finishing as Senior Producer. As a man responsible for the Witcher 2 at conferences and presentations he presented himself in an excellent fashion.
And then, there's this:
The Witcher 2 arrived and while the Xbox 360 version is in the making, Tomek (Tomasz) decided to part with the company. Our source says that he is tired and somewhat burned out. After all for the last few years he lived only on the adventures of Geralt and I am sure that other professionals employed in the industry will tell you that the virtual worlds do not necessary have the best effects on personal life. Furthermore it is somewhat hard to hide the fact that the port of Witcher 2 (presumably Xbox 360 version) is not the most fresh and highly anticipated product as the original and this means that the promotion of the said product delivers less satisfaction. Therefore our September presentation of the console version of the game (Witcher 2) during “Gamescom” will not include Tomek (Tomasz).
More confirmation links:
http://www.en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/58/
Scroll down to palimpsest's post.
Fchopin's post on the Bioware forums.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/13/index/5214483/327
I didn't see this one coming, I must admit.
Update
In this thread at gogforums Marcin360 confirms that
Tomek doesn't work with us anymore, however we all hope he's gonna have a change of heart and come back to us one day. Regardless, we wish him all the best.
More information.

Well now that is sad news indeed for future witcher games. Maybe he didn't like being force to make the PC game feel at parts like a console game...Knowing full well X-Box was always in the making of the game. Who knows....But if he does make a new RPG game I will checking it out....unless the Dark forces of EA has lured him into the dark world of losing your creative mind....

Who knows maybe he doesn't want to see his creation toned down for consoles and probably had a disagreement with the direction the company's taking, Its happened before with other company's losing talent.

Then again maybe he's just burned out and needs a break. My moneys on the first reason.

Who knows maybe he doesn't want to see his creation toned down for consoles and probably had a disagreement with the direction the company's taking, Its happened before with other company's losing talent.

Yeah, it's a creative medium and you can't stay where your passion is ignored and your creativity stunted. My favorite example is the man behind Assassin's Creed leaving Ubisoft when they turned that franchise into an annual milking machine.

Yeah, it's a creative medium and you can't stay where your passion is ignored and your creativity stunted. My favorite example is the man behind Assassin's Creed leaving Ubisoft when they turned that franchise into an annual milking machine.

True I brought that topic up and about how many sequels and spinoffs the series spawned on a different site. Lets just say the topic got ugly. I cant fault them for making games that generate the most revenue,

Sad sad news

There goes a great game down the drain

I think the guy just need vacations or have a proposition for a better paid job .

Reading about the possible shortcomings of console TW2 release is kind of ironic if you think that PC version's shortcomings are because of "made with consoles in mind"

Reading about the possible shortcomings of console TW2 release is kind of ironic if you think that PC version's shortcomings are because of "made with consoles in mind"
'Made with consoles in mind' is not the reason for all of the shortcomings with the PC game.

Hopefully he won't become another Brian Fargo, or Warren Spector...

Back
Top Bottom