Mass Effect 2 - Aegis DLC Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare has released a new DLC pack for Mass Effect 2. For 160 point thingies, the Aegis pack offers a new armour and sniper rifle (detailed screens here - thanks Omega):
What's better than the latest in high-tech armor? High-tech armor and a sniper rifle, of course! The Aegis Pack adds the M-29 Incisor sniper rifle and the Kestrel armor to Shepard's armor locker.
The Incisor sniper rifle is a burst-fire weapon that excels in destroying enemy shields.
The Kestrel armor comes in five pieces:
  • The Kestrel Helmet adds weapon damage, shield strength, and headshot damage.
  • The Kestrel Torso Sheath adds melee and weapon damage and shield strength.
  • Kestrel Arm Sheathing adds melee and weapon damage and shield strength.
  • Kestrel Shoulder Pieces adds shields and melee damage.
  • The Kestrel hip-mounted Power Pack ups shields and heavy weapon ammo capacity.
The Aegis Pack — for those times when overkill doesn't seem like enough.
More information.

In these times, the only thing that reminds me of horse armor is the 15€ price tag per map pack for MW2.

The Aegis Pack — for those times when overkill doesn't seem like enough.

So Overkill is the new fashion in gaming ? Like the blood spots in DA ?

Kestrel is - by the waay - the name of a female thief character in Pools of Radiance 2 : Ruins Of Myth Drannor.
In both game & novel.

Ah, thanks.

Next Bioware release I will be waiting 6 months or a year to purchase, as I did with ME. No more buying the game in the first month or two, when their games are no longer content complete. I broke my ea games rule for ME2 and DA, since I trusted Bioware's integrity was still in place.

I really don't want to keep these games on my hard drive nor do I want to reinstall and play them every damn month, they just are NOT that good.

So bah humbug from me on dlc. :poo:

Next Bioware release I will be waiting 6 months or a year to purchase, as I did with ME. No more buying the game in the first month or two, when their games are no longer content complete. I broke my ea games rule for ME2 and DA, since I trusted Bioware's integrity was still in place.

I tend to agree with this. DLC is not making me keep games around longer, it makes me want to wait to purchase the game. The big bonus is the game will often be cheaper by then and bugs squashed = win win win!

I doubt this is the desired effect of DLC from a publisher perspective though.

I tend to agree with this. DLC is not making me keep games around longer, it makes me want to wait to purchase the game. The big bonus is the game will often be cheaper by then and bugs squashed = win win win!
Same here. I bought FO3 with all DLC's in the recent Steam sale, for a price that doesn't hurt even if I happen not to like the game. Although this might also have to do with me getting older and not having that much time to play, so I don't have to have the newest game right on release anymore.

I doubt this is the desired effect of DLC from a publisher perspective though.

I'm finding myself in the same position. When ME1 arrived I played through the game 3 times in row (wanting to try different paths and classes) but in ME2 and DA I keep postponing my second (and possibly third) play-through due to the DLC's that keep coming.

I know they're meant to keep me interested in the game and keep me playing but for these kinds of titles the DLC's actually have the opposite effect because you can't add them later on like you could with the Fable 2 or Prince of Persia DLC's. Once you've reached a certain point in the game new characters and quest segments become unusable due to the nature of these games.

The same thing happened with Fallout 3. I bought it when it released but didn't start playing right away so when I finally did decide to play it, it was actually cheaper to buy the game again in the game of the year edition than it was to purchase the DLC individually.

Of course costumes and gear additions like this Aegis Pack makes no difference. I'm talking about an Overlord or Leliana's Song kind of DLC's.

I keep postponing my second (and possibly third) play-through due to the DLC's that keep coming.
Same here. I don't want to keep these games on my hard drive for a year or more, nor do I want to reinstall them and replay them every damn month or two, they are NOT that good, nor diverse.

There are only 2-4 games I have *permanently* on my harddisk, and these are my all-time favourites, meaning I had most fun with them.

Which means : To quote the Beatles : "Can't buy me love". ;)
Or, to put it into gaming: You can't buy me to love a game via DLCs. ;) It needs a unique thing that I like and love, and that is individually according to my - and in general to each one's (gamer's) - taste , like all gamers have a different taste. ;)

Back
Top Bottom