System Shock 2 - Rumor: to be Released on GOG & later Steam

I have SS2, how about SS1, Gog?

Not really necessary. SS1 has been freely available for some time.
http://www.systemshock.org/index.php/topic,211.0.html

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing it on a site like GOG just to make more people aware of it.

I wish someone would remake SS1. The graphics border on unplayable now, but the game itself is incredible. I regularly fire it up in Dosbox.

Have you tried SS Portable? (above link) You can run it in higher resolutions than the original version. It makes a significant difference.

Not really necessary. SS1 has been freely available for some time.
http://www.systemshock.org/index.php/topic,211.0.html

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing it on a site like GOG just to make more people aware of it.

Is that package good to run on Win 7 with no tweaking required? Prepackaged builds with DosBox can be very hit and miss (even those from GOG). Many need to be customized for your own computer.

Is that package good to run on Win 7 with no tweaking required? Prepackaged builds with DosBox can be very hit and miss (even those from GOG). Many need to be customized for your own computer.

Very little tweaking. I haven't played it in awhile, but I remember it being pretty simple. I haven't tried it in Win 7 64 yet.

SSP runs on Windows XP/Vista/7 via the included DOSbox emulation. On XP it can also run outside an DOSbox emulation (NTVDM).

Wonder if they release SS1.
Control setting is strange, like flying simulators or something.
I was able to beat Ultima Underworld despite strange controls.
Now I need to remind what to do after three months delay. Similiar situation in BG2 results few wasted hours to remind what to do.

No excuses left..... Play the hell out of this one!

My favorite class = Tech dude. That would be my recommendation.

First impressions that are not mine - graphics has glitches on (and only on) Intel GPUs. There is a solution on GOG forums to that issue however, so not a biggie.

On the other hand, we're at RPGwatch and I don't think any of us uses Intel GPU.

First impressions that are not mine - graphics has glitches on (and only on) Intel GPUs. There is a solution on GOG forums to that issue however, so not a biggie.

On the other hand, we're at RPGwatch and I don't think any of us uses Intel GPU.

Many thanks. Many laptops have Intel GPUs and I was planning on playing it on my old laptop with Intel gma950 :). I will look at the GoG forums.

you're missing out on a lot of mods though, it has always been the no.1 mod site for SS2.. Not very user friendly? I don't see what's so hard with going to the mod forum and download the mods, can't get much easier than that :)

lol, it takes ~30 seconds to read the 2 pages of topics in the mod forum. I mean it's hardly Skyrim Nexus with tens of thousands of mods. All mods are also tagged, so if you search for graphics you'll get a list of all graphics mods.. but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom