Overlord - Preview @ CVG

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CVG has a preview of Triumph's Overlord:
You won't get through any articles about Overlord without reading the words Fable and Pikmin at least eight times, but Triumph Studios' action-RPG really is, very simply, Fable mixed with Pikmin. Not since The Matrix: Path Of Neo has a game been so describable. Sometimes, writing about games is easy.

From Fable it takes its art style, the wonderful colourful world, the exaggerated characters and ear-stabbingly enthusiastic voice-acting. You play an evil lord, resurrected to reclaim the world after being vanquished by seven valiant heroes. These heroes have become grotesque representations of the equally numerous deadly sins, such as a fat-bastard gluttonous halfling and a gold-obsessed dwarf. As an evil lord, you must destroy the seven heroes, rebuild your tower and establish yourself as the almighty leader of all you observe.
And I thought Dungeon Keeper was the obvious comparison.
More information.

And I thought Dungeon Keeper was the obvious comparison

It is.

The folks who write these articles were 2 or 3 when that came out. Not a personal attack but an observation.

Dungeon Keeper is the comparison for the mood of the game I think, but Fable and Pikmin ist the better gameplay comparison, because Overlord is no RTS.

Whatever comparison is needed ... the game looks quite interesting.

Back
Top Bottom