Pricewatch!

All the Guild Wars stuff is 50% off on Steam right now. Finally drunk the GW koolaid on the Game of the Year ed for $9.99. Me n tigress will be giving it a go this weekend.

ONce anything hit's 9.99, if I'm even remotely interested it's almost a slam dunk sell for them. I need to work on that

I seriously considered buying GW with all the expansions for $10 a couple of weeks ago, but I just can't get past the card-based gameplay. I hope GW2 at least lets you change your skills without having to go back to town, or it'll be another pass for me.

No DTE? I thought he really liked DS?
Sorry, missed the invocation. I never bought DS1, but I did play the heck out of DS2 (although I didn't like the expansion for some reason). Not really my usual cup of tea, but I got seriously obsessed with collecting all the unique equipment sets. For whatever reason, Diablo2 did not foster a similar obsession for me, and Torchlight only sorta kinda did. I've thought about picking up DS1 several times, both for itself and as a portal to the Ultima remakes, but always ended up attracted to some other shiny.

Just noticed that GOG has got two titles I've always wanted to play: Master of Magic and a Master of Orion pack that includes the original, which I've never played. (Both for peanuts.) The only thing holding me back on MoM is that it's described as a Civ clone, and I've never gotten into that game. I thought it was more like HoMM? Anyone have the skinny?

Pricewatch-wise, they also have what they're calling Interplay action-comedy games 30% off this weekend.

Here's the official Watch link if anyone decides to go shopping:
http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/pp/f…9df08783640400

Just noticed that GOG has got two titles I've always wanted to play: Master of Magic and a Master of Orion pack that includes the original, which I've never played. (Both for peanuts.) The only thing holding me back on MoM is that it's described as a Civ clone, and I've never gotten into that game. I thought it was more like HoMM? Anyone have the skinny?

Pricewatch-wise, they also have what they're calling Interplay action-comedy games 30% off this weekend.

Here's the official Watch link if anyone decides to go shopping:
http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/pp/f…9df08783640400
MoM is more like Age of Wonder really, it's the closest to MoM there is. But between Civ and HoMM? hmm... I think it's more like HoMM. You have your towns, units, spells, you run your battles, etc.

Thanks, wolfing. I went ahead and bought it so we'll see how it goes.

The current issue of the magazine called "PC Games" comes with Paraworld. 5 or 6 Euros.

Some pretty good deals at GoGamer.com this week.

Bioshock 2, Aliens vs Predator, and Command & Conquer 4 are all priced at $29.90.

They also have Red Dead Redemption for the PS3, and Alan Wake for the Xbox 360 at a slight discount of $49.90

Did anybody mention this:

Portal for free on steam for PC and MAC - till May 24

It's not fully clear is it free until this date or free forever if you get it before this date? Well anyway I already got the Mac version and "eat" 3 chapters in one session. Great game but it could be a little short.

Torchlight is also relatively cheap an both Mac&PC, I don't have the $ price but it's 7.99€.

There's also a rather amazing indie pack, for both Mac & PC too, 18.99€ For Machinarium + World of Goo + Osmos + And Yet It Moves + Galcon Fusion.

Torchlight is also relatively cheap an both Mac&PC, I don't have the $ price but it's 7.99€.
That's the same $10 pricepoint that pulled me in a few months ago-- a very fair price for what you get, IMO.

Regarding Portal, it looks like you just add it to your list of Steam games using the Steam app. All other games I've aded this way have stayed on my list ever since (even half-life 2 from back in the dark ages)...

Found the first chapter of the "Bone" adventures in a "Tedi" shop two days ago - for 1 Euro.

["Tedi" is one of those cheap-shops, so to say.]

Of course I bought it ! ;)

Back
Top Bottom