NWN2 Examine function

Neverwinter Nights 2

magerette

Hedgewitch
I've noticed that sometimes when you right click on your companions and choose 'examine' you get a script message that gives them a difficulty/challenge rating--presumably your influence level-- along with a current status report, other times you go directly to the character screen.

Is there any way to regulate this? Or is there any other way to find out?

It would be really handy to be able to tell if you had enough influence to initiate a new level of dialogue options. Going through the same dialogue every couple of hours gets tedious.

I think you get the character screen when they are in your party, and the description when they are not in your party, at least that's how it seems to work for me.

No idea what the rating means though? Maybe fighting difficulty, like with enemies?

Challenge rating means how difficult they would/should be for you to defeat in a one on one battle!!

Thanks! Once again the 'never assume' rule is proved.;) So it has nothing to do with your influence level.
I take then there's not any way to tell how much influence you have at any given time except through dialogue.

Actually, yes there is!! However, I have forgotten how it's done. It's complicated!!

Well once you complete all 3 task you can change him anytime.
Here is how you view your influence with any character or change it if you have a bug.

DebugMode 1
rs kr_influence

It opens up a fairly simple dialogue box. :)

I knew I saw this in here someplace. ;)

Thanks CM, I won't immediately report your misbehaviour from earlier today!! :)

Back
Top Bottom