The DArtagnan is a terrible person thread

D

DArtagnan

I thought I should go ahead and make a thread dedicated to this topic.

The Morrowind vs Skyrim thread was actually interesting and had some decent arguments on both sides.

However, it's also for the future. I tend to become a "topic" in several threads - because I'm obviously not a nice man and I should be bashed.

But, I've never actually wanted to steal threads like that. It's not appropriate.

So, this will be my effort to direct that here. If it doesn't work - I'll pack my bags and leave you in peace. Obviously, I don't think I'm a bad person myself - but I also don't think it's appropriate for one person to create such negativity. That's not helpful to anyone.

I know it's tempting to use any thread where I speak my mind in my abrasive style - as a place to vent over how I'm a very bad person - but maybe we could direct your frustration to this place.

I promise, I won't take it personally - and I fully endorse venting.

Don't hold back just because I created the thread. I don't think I could convince anyone else to do it. Just pretend that YOU created it - and let's have it!

Alternatively, you could take this opportunity to do what you should have done a LONG time ago. Put me on ignore - just like I deserve for being who I am.

We could save a lot of time and energy that way. Because I tend to feel a compulsion to clarify when people bash away. I have no problem being disliked by strangers - but I really do prefer the dislike is based on who I really am, rather than some misconception.

Wow, talk about being starved for attention... to create a thread about yourself :p

You'd think - but negative attention isn't something I'm particularly starving for. But I prefer not to be the center of thread destruction - and just have it focused in one place.

I assume people can appreciate the logic and mutually beneficial part of this thread.

You should check on your temperature. Or it's just a bad weather outside.

You are terrible ! Terrible, terrible, terrible !

Was that enough ? :D

Well you can always have my spot. You terrible man.:p My reputation is tainted here though just to warn you.:blush:

Half the time I'm not considered serious and the other times people consider me a troll. Surprises everywhere.:bigcry:

Well you can always have my spot. You terrible man.:p My reputation is tainted here though just to warn you.:blush:

You're a very pleasant and nice chap compared to the evil and satanic DArtagnan!

We may agree more than not - but you don't have my skill when it comes to personally insulting people by telling them what you think of their opinions.

It takes a lot of time and effort to maximise the potential of evil and channel that kind of Nazi-Sociopathic filth through mere words!

Half the time I'm not considered serious and the other times people consider me a troll. Surprises everywhere.

I've never considered you serious ;)

Hehe, well - nah. I think we share a certain pessimistic point of view regarding the industry as a whole.

That's bound to get us into troll territory regularly.

Don't be to hard on yourself. Just because you're an arrogant, condescending prick doesn't mean you don't have many other fine qualities. :)

I tend to enjoy your posts myself. However there are a few people around here who probably do deserve a thread like this :p

Don't be to hard on yourself. Just because you're an arrogant, condescending prick doesn't mean you don't have many other fine qualities. :)

Qualities like what? :)

Arrogance is about believing oneself to be superior as a person - which I don't. Take note of that. You have to decide if you believe me or not - but I really, really don't consider myself superior to anyone and I never have. So I can rule that out right now. Doesn't mean I can't think I'm right about something.

Some people are too modest to claim they're right about something - but they all believe it at some point or other.

Condescending? Again, that would require true arrogance. If I say your opinion is bullshit - I'm not saying you as a person is bullshit or that all your opinions are bullshit. We all have bullshit opinions. That's just the way it is.

To me, it's like saying I think your car is a crappy car or your garden looks like a mess. Opinions are really no different - and they're subject to personality quirks and level of information that will always be limited - which has nothing to do with combined personal value. At least, I don't see how. So, if people say my opinion about something is crap - the only thing I really want to know is how and how much they can support that statement. It's not an insult to me.

Again, I can believe my opinion is "superior" as in I can believe I have stronger support behind it - and if I state that out loud - it could be picked up as condescending. But it's actually not.

As for being a prick - that's possible. Not entirely sure what the word means.

Last edited:
I tend to enjoy your posts myself. However there are a few people around here who probably do deserve a thread like this :p

Thanks ;)

Nah, I think we're all equally terrible and not terrible. Some of us might have trouble articulating our points without insulting other people - but there's always going to be a major difference between the online persona and the real version.

Some people who're really pleasant and accomodating online - might just be very, very different IRL. You can never tell!

Qualities like what? :)

Why your intelligent and witty reply's that sometimes take up half a topic. At least your views make sense, and is the highlight of every topic.

I prefer lengthy pessimist posts. There better than the usual Company A can't do anything wrong mentality.

:worship: I bow to you great one.

In related news, water is wet. ;)

You have "strange" views on things because you operate from an unusual value system. Unusual, as in not mainstream, as opposed to unusual as in unmitigated evil. Even though you're a utopian leftie loon :)P), you're fairly consistent with your application of those values. Seems to me there's nothing wrong with being different as long as you're true to your own values. You readily acknowledge that doing so is going to lead to conflict, so it seems to me that you're going in with your eyes open. Can't ask for much more than that.

Imagine how boring it would be if we all agreed on everything.

Something about this thread is not being communicated successfully ;)

I was ready to defend all my satanic ways - and now I feel flattered instead.

EPIC PHAIL.

Dart, you aren't remotely annoying anymore. In fact, you remind me of the person who proclaims that "The Emperor has no clothes" You seem to have mellowed much recently. Joxer is much more annoying (hehe Joxer you're ok too)

Does this thread have more to do with women? Go and get back on the horse dammit!

Dart, you aren't remotely annoying anymore. In fact, you remind me of the person who proclaims that "The Emperor has no clothes" You seem to have mellowed much recently. Joxer is much more annoying (hehe Joxer you're ok too)

Does this thread have more to do with women? Go and get back on the horse dammit!

I've tried to mellow - but sometimes I get an urge to provoke… Sorry :(

As for women… DAMN THEM.

Nah, I've decided to wait until summer before going hunting again. I need to shed a few pounds and whip myself back into shape.

Until then, there's just me and my…. well… hands ;)

Nice idea. Kinda like the Bash oblivion thread but as with that there's no chance you'll contain all the OT regarding your persona here. Anyway I agree that you've mellowed in the past couple of years.
Oh, and since I guess I have to chip in I can't help but say how much I hate your favourite tactic of absolutely shitting in the worst.imaginable.way on a game/an opinion and then bailing out of the conflict in the same post by saying "but that's just me, I'm unusual *smilie* and that is my opinion *smilie* (<-implied or not)".

Back
Top Bottom