What games are you playing now?

That would be my first choice out of the bunch! Enjoy!
Are you planning on doing all the origins, or just picking one?

I am satisfied with playing the game once. I might consider just replaying the game for the origins.

Interestingly, my Witcher disc had a CRC error… I guess I have to call support.

That's too bad, The Witcher would have been the best out of all those games imo, it's a true classic. You'll have to make sure to play it in the future.

How is it as a shooter then? I liked S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Borderlands is the complete opposite of Stalker, it has an almost comedy type atmosphere. Some people liked it, but I thought it was just silly.

That's too bad, The Witcher would have been the best out of all those games imo, it's a true classic. You'll have to make sure to play it in the future.

Appearently Atari's Swedish support number as well as the support adress (se.support@atari.com) is dead. Also the store who sold the dvd was taken down in a police raid a year back... I guess I can try to find it on the web somewhere, but I wan't the european version. Preferably I wan't to finish it before the 2nd game pops up.

Borderlands is the complete opposite of Stalker, it has an almost comedy type atmosphere. Some people liked it, but I thought it was just silly.

I took a look at IGN's and Gamespots trailer and I think I'll put Borderlands aside.

*smack on the wrist*

Naughty Ubereil.

Since you don't have the right to sell your copy on or lend it to your friends (according to the publishers) the only logical conclusion is that you don't buy the physical copy of the files , you buy the right to play the game. And since he's already done that, if he pirates the game he wouldn't be playing a game he doesn't have the right to play.

Although it might be worth to ask at CDProject's forum and see if they can arrange something. They seem like very decent guys (having provided Enhanced Edition for free to everyone with the original verision and all) so they can probably figure out some kind of sollution.

Übereil

I don't have a problem with someone pirating a game he bought if the DVD doesn't work and the company it was bought from doesn't offer any help….. however….

Also the store who sold the dvd was taken down in a police raid a year back

Which makes me suspect that the DVD he did buy is a fake sold by criminals and thus instead of supporting the company who made the witcher he might unintentionally have ended up supporting international crime…. this would also explain why the DVD didn't work, since it was burned by these evil persons themselves and not by CDProject which probably has some amount of quality assurance tests.

Which makes me suspect that the DVD he did buy is a fake sold by criminals and thus instead of supporting the company who made the witcher he might unintentionally have ended up supporting international crime…. this would also explain why the DVD didn't work, since it was burned by these evil persons themselves and not by CDProjekt which probably has some amount of quality assurance tests.

Nah. I actually discovered the e-mail from ordering it… it turned out the order was from megastore, not playzone. I thought I got it from Playzone since I usually ordered from them back in 2008, then I remembered that I got it with Risen, Dragon Age and Uncharted 2, so it couldn't have been 2008 I bought it. I found the mail in another mailfolder that I hadn't searched in.

The shady owner took over the store only a few months before he got caught and I had ordered several products from the previous owner without problems. Also the DVD have real print on it which require tools that small time crooks have no access to. The new owner milked the store and advertised Playstation 3 at 2/3 the price with no intention to deliver. He had no interest nor skill when it came to computers. The new owner had previously milked another store that sold cameras.

Anyway, I got hold of Megastore and was allowed to return the game for a new one. Turns out a new one only cost $15 or so, so I might actually had been able to buy a new one.

I finally finished Titan Quest with my Dreamkiller (sort of). Still need to play through the expansion area.

It was fun, but the end boss seemed a little silly. A couple of attacks from Typhon and my character was pushing up daisies. Whittling down his health using hit and run tactics, dodging his spells while running around in circles, and guzzling potions for 5 minutes straight seemed a bit kindergarden, but it worked. Too bad he didn't drop much of significance.

For $5 I certainly have already gotten more than my money's worth!

Disciples II - with all the talk of DIII's major letdown, it got me hankering once again to try my hand (or paw, as it were) as the TBS genre. Fun as they look, I just can never stay awake for theses games. It's the gold edition, so it's got tons of stuff, like everything DII the total package. I love the artwork, the maps, the characters, the sound is great (I crank it up, it's awesome played loud), glot it's a gorgeously made 2d game. Played 3 hours and tried a couple different sides (empire, legion of the damned) and had great fun. Stayed wide awake!

Part of it is the fact that there's less choice in battle, yet some solid strategy still in the overall game. I really like the two-rank fixed position thing more than the hexes, and the fact that there arent just tons of stacks of creatures. The battles are fun, relatively quick, and challenging. Kings Bounty and HOMMV were just snoozefests for me, huge nebulous battles just dragging on and on… buying more and more stacks of creatures… ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Disciples II is the game.

Also, like everyone else slogging away at Starcraft II, and also replaying Witcher on the Squirrls side.
I'm liking this new "variety in gaming" type philosophy that I have. More and more I play multiple games now instead of focusing on just one til I'm done w/ it. It takes forever to actually finish a title now, but I'm having more fun in getting in the different styles.

I'm liking this new "variety in gaming" type philosophy that I have. More and more I play multiple games now instead of focusing on just one til I'm done w/ it. It takes forever to actually finish a title now, but I'm having more fun in getting in the different styles.

Me too. I usually have one of each genre going at the same time, so that I can play the kind of game I'm in the mood for at any given time.

Currently I'm, naturally, playing StarCraft2 as my the RTS game. Singularity as my FPS. A bit of TF2 when I'm in the mood for multiplayer. Disciples3 is my current TBS (although I'm leaning towards dropping it and take up Armored Princess instead but then I know I'll never be able to finish D3).

I got Resident Evil 5 for a pittance on Steam during their summer sale and I've tried, I mean I REALLY tried to play it but while it looks absolutely stunning the controls are so mind numbingly stupid that I simply cannot force myself to play past the first couple of levels. I can not for the life of me understand why these games are so popular with a control mechanism so ridiculously screwed up ... but that's probably just me being a RE n00b :lonely:

Kings Bounty and HOMMV were just snoozefests for me, huge nebulous battles just dragging on and on…

Kings Bounty and KB AP are the best turn-based games of the decade…. how it pains me to hear talk like this about such a wonderful gem of a game!

control mechanism so ridiculously screwed up

Well, I think they are brilliant for the kind of game it is...... it wouldn't be the same game if you could run and gun at the same time.... this way you really have to aim and shoot without focusing on anything else... which makes the game exciting IMHO.

Once in awhile I feel like I have a couple of games that doesn't interest me that much but I still wish to finish them to see how they end. When I do so I tend to play one level per day out of each game. I did this with Halo 2 and Tomb Raider: Underworld. I was done with both in a week and it wasn't that much of a hassle and in hintersight, some levels were fun, some were not so fun.

I couldn't do this with the large scale RPG's since they really demand all of my time, keeping track of what do do in the next level, the order in which to do quests etc, but I am fine with that.

Also this summer made me realize that I have had the complete wrong philosophy about summer gaming. Looking at the pile of games I had I thought that if I played the shortest games first, I would get through more games than if I play the longest ones. Then I realized that the reason I do not play games while studying, is because I have not that much time to get cought up with a game. I should have known, that short games are what you play when you work or study, long games are the ones you play during the summer. So instead of titles like Modern Warfare 2 and Splinter Cell 5, I should have played Witcher and Risen this summer. With that in mind I decided to keep Monkey Island 2 and Sam & Max Episodes until this upcoming autumn and instead begun with what I believe is the longest game I have; Dragon Age.

However, after a few days of major issues with my relationship I might have to dump that for now, we are going to try to play Borderlands together instead (that I intended to sell off without playing at all). Me and my girlfriend need to spend much more time together and I need to change to keep this thing going.

Not that I am a master of relationships or anything? put perhasp playing borderlands togheter is not the best way to go? how about going out into the sunny summer and doing some romantic things? that would probably be a lot better for ( most ) relationships....

Playing Borderlands together probably beats solitary activities though:p

Not that I am a master of relationships or anything? put perhasp playing borderlands togheter is not the best way to go? how about going out into the sunny summer and doing some romantic things? that would probably be a lot better for ( most ) relationships….

We are both nerds who hate the sun and the heat and in the past we have played Titan Quest, Ghost Recon, Little Big Planet etc together and she thought it was fun. She play a lot of MMORPG's in which I do not have a character and she likes grinding/looting so Borderlands might be a decent pick.

That said, I think the primary issue isn't that we can do things together, but I actually need to care more and be there for her in all aspects of life, especially when things go sour. In my studies I put too much priority on reading and expected her to solve the rest, in this autumn I will take over all responsibilities at home while she's working. I confess I been more of a overdemanding roommate than a caring boyfriend and that's a major fail on my side.

Oh, well another thread to make me feel old...... I guess you're not alone todays most common dating lines are probably "Do you play WOW?", "Which server do you play on?" , "What level are you?"

Back
Top Bottom