What do you think of Original Sin on Early Access?

Do you play Original Sin - Early Access?

• Yes, I am

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Thinking about it

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • No. Only on release

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • Never. Early access sucks

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Not now, not on release

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • What's Original Sin?

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
I might check it out a little bit, but I would never delve into Early Access for real gaming.

I've learned quite a lot about what not to do after 30+ years of being a passionate gamer.

Only on release or maybe 2 months after release when the first patches have ironed out the nastiest bugs.

Too little time to become a beta tester :)

Too many games, not enough time. I need to play as complete a game as possible.

Just about all the Kickstarters I've pledged have allowed me early access and I have tried not a one. To me, beta testing is work. Unpaid work.

I "am"?

I'm holding off voting until I see a "I did and I regretted it." option.

Anyone played it recently? Is there good progress?

I have played a little bit...each time there is an alpha update I go through the frst bit quickly to see how things have changed. But I haven't explored Cyseal properly - leaving all that for release. I have deliebrately not gone into any depth....

No. Only on release

Considering it...interested...price (at least for EA) is a bit steep...and a lot of early feedback hasn't been all that stellar (although seems like folks here like it quite a bit or are enthusiastic about it). I'm overloaded with games too, since it seems like there's a game worth checking out every other day lately.

Only on release. I am not really a fan of Early Release. It might work for things like Minecraft, but for a RPG that I will probably just do a single play through, then I want to wait for the finished product.

Wow, about 25% of those wo (will) play D:OS are playing early access. That's way more than I had expected.

I'd like to see these stats for a game that hadn't the early access as a crowdfunding tier.

I look forward to this game, but I've never gone for early access to a game.

Not that I wouldn't want to be a beta tester, I was a beta tester for Eschalon Book III and I liked it. But I took that like a part-time job, playing more than I would otherwise have done, making lengthy reports on a daily basis, including lists of grammar and spelling mistakes… I got a free copy of the game, but I believe that's the least you deserve if you are a committed beta tester.
I would do it again, but the Steam early access deal doesn't attract me. Some people in this thread have already picked up the game, but without really playing it and also without really beta testing it, only to get a taste. In the end, I don't think that's really useful to anyone, not the player and not the game maker.
I'm going to be conservative here and say I prefer the old system of everyone waiting for a big release date, bar a few beta testers who aren't seen or heard.

Early access seems great for procedurally generated 2D minecraft type games, at least in my experience (Craft the World, Starbound), but not so much with RPGs (based on general consensus and impressions.) Good for development probably. They are infinitely more complex games, in most cases, and I wait for release on Original Sin, Wasteland 2, etc.

I am playing it but try not to quest..I'm just crafting my brains out, and stroll around.apparantly I take all the wrong decisions because i get killed like 2 times an hour :D

But it is getting hard to resist playing more :) Beta is really stepping up to the plate..

They are doing a f*ing good job there

But it is getting hard to resist playing more :) Beta is really stepping up to the plate..

Away with thee and thy seductive charms. Thou shalt not tempt me with your pleasantries!

Also a backer but will wait. I bug test many games when I have a chance but this one I will pass.
Really looking forward to a great game.

I've done some testing with my alpha/beta access and I've been very impressed. I'm trying to avoid content so the final game is that much better so I focus on technical issues that would be distracting if not fixed. I also look at if the game if moddable or not and if I want to spend time doing that.

With the Beta, I'm impressed with how much they have done to make the core robust. Its got some hack/cheat detection but nothing like what Blizzard does I'm sure and isn't to aggressive like preventing you from continuing and just resets itself to a reasonable state. Also not so crazy about the call home support tool but I understand they are collecting testing stats.

Played it for a little bit and it was certainly interesting. Wish I could've been an original backer.

I'm not against Early Access but an Early Access that is sold the same price as the final release NO WAY !
When I play an Early Access, I report all the bugs I find, and provide suggestions on how to improve the game, and often that kind of waste the game (because you may need to follow some instructions from the devs to test new stuff, and do several times the same missions to catch a bug, and so on, so it's not as fun, especialy with bugs, as the final game) so I'd expect to get some special price, like half the final price.

I'm not against Early Access but an Early Access that is sold the same price as the final release NO WAY !
When I play an Early Access, I report all the bugs I find, and provide suggestions on how to improve the game, and often that kind of waste the game (because you may need to follow some instructions from the devs to test new stuff, and do several times the same missions to catch a bug, and so on, so it's not as fun, especialy with bugs, as the final game) so I'd expect to get some special price, like half the final price.

That's a pretty silly idea - everyone would then just buy the early access version, whether they wanted to wait for release or not - not to mention that it would piss off everyone who supported the game on Kickstarter and...

Back
Top Bottom