RPGWatch Feature: Nuclear Union First Look

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We had the opportunity to take a look at one of the first publicly available builds of Nuclear Union and have made an article that sums up what was shown.

The game does not have an open world, but uses zones that allow you to move from one area to the next, which takes only a short time. On the world map all these areas that can be visited will be visible. The amount of visited and to visit areas will grow as you progress in the games. You can always go back to any area you visited before, so none of them will be locked. In some cases it is even a requirement to visit areas again to solve quests.

Nuclear Union allows you to have companions that follow and assist you. You cannot control these companions and they will use their own AI to assist you in combat. In the demo there was only one companion, but they did mention that the maximum amount of companions will probably be something like two, depending on further balancing. The companions can be selected from a larger group of potential companions you will encounter during your travels.
More information.

Sooo… Fallout 3 with some nods to Stalker, minus the Open world (more Stalker like in that regard too). Not terribly exciting but we don't really know a lot yet, other than it looks decent (still in pre-Alpha and all)…

Does seem worth keeping an eye on though…

I like Russian games!

Good preview - this game has potential.

I like Russian games!.

Me, too! While it might not be true in this particular case, I think the Russians, and Eastern European developers in general, have been making the most interesting games for a while. They seem the most willing to take chances. And there's plenty of technical know how, too. My favorite flight simulator, and possibly the most-impressive overall piece of recreational software I've owned, was made by Russians.

I like Russian games!

Good preview - this game has potential.
I do to but allow me to say they need to hire better translators. English is downright terrible to the point of being laughable in some Russian RPGs.:biggrin:

As for the preview thanks Myrthos it's nice to have more info on the game finally.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I do to but allowme to say they need to hire better translators. English is downright terrible to the point of being laughable in some Russian RPGs.:biggrin:

None native English speakers like myself don't notice bad English so easy :)

None native English speakers like myself don't notice bad English so easy :)
May not matter to you but it matters to a segment of buyers. It's important you translate your game were it's at least readable. No matter what language it is.;)

Go play Planet Alcatraz now that's one game you can tell was not translated by anyone that knows English.:)

Back
Top Bottom