Venetica - Release Date Update

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
An update from dtp's CM Betty in the official forum:
In early 2010 Venetica will be released in France, Italy and Spain.
We can provide further release date - such as for UK and other territories - soon.

Stay tuned - there are news and videos to come.:)
The German XBox 360 version will be released in late December.
More information.

Still waiting to hear about the English 360 release, but this is good -- at least it's something. There was silence for so long (at least it seemed like a long time).

Hard to say. It's not even clear if they do the port in-house.

It's quite possible dtp manufactures only one XBox 360 version for Europe. So maybe the French and Italian versions are multi-language.

Hey anyone hearing anything about a US release yet, checked google and couldn't find anything?

I've given up hope. :(

This game aint ever coming out.
I really dont understand why they dont just get Southpeak on board or even Mastertronic UK (Like they did with Divinty 2).

Done with Deck 13 and DTP wasted enough time on there forums.

Is it even supposed to be any good? The polish version has english voices, someone must have played (/"downloaded" ;) ) it....

Thanks. Could have been interesting if it had exploring elements like the Gothic games etc, i dont mind action RPG's..

In early 2010 Venetica will be released in France, Italy and Spain.
We can provide further release date - such as for UK and other territories - soon.

Early 2010? Um…. it's already May.

Anyone with the German version know if you can select English subtitles with the German voice, since the patch looks to be multinational now?

Also, it's sort of hard to find detailed info about the game, as it sounds like Gothic in a way. I hear there are 3 guilds to choose from, can anyone say if there is a Magic guild and do you have to join it to learn Magic, maybe the same for Fighters?

Last edited:
There is a magic guild, but I don't think you need to join it to learn magic. The same goes for fighting skills. Anyway, if story, dialogues, interesting characters and side-quests are important to you… don't play Venetica.

It's not like Gothic at all. Much more focus on the story.

About the Polish version with english voices - what about in-game text on stat screens etc. Is that in Polish? I'm very tempted, but not if there is polish text for important parts of the game.

If everything else fails I might play the game in german ;)

That is what I want to know before ordering. I still don`t know why they have two listings with quite different prices for same game. Maybe some Polish friends here can sort this out.

I thought there was a Benelux version.

I tried the demo of the german version, and even with the patch ( 1.02 ) it ran really bad and was full of bugs!

So I understand they are delaying the english version!

Back
Top Bottom