Eurovision

Yes, Swedish dancers and Swedish songwriters for last years winner. This year 10 songs was written by swedish songwriters..... and norway had swedish dancers among others.

Actually a lot of the winners have had something to do with sweden and swedish songwriters...

so yes we are kind of dominating.... but we've been doing that ever since ABBA :D

Conchita Wurst won for Austria.
smile-beard.png

Personally, I voted for the Netherlands this time. Pleasant song.

My favorites were:

1. Netherlands
2. Austria
3. Sweden

So I was pretty much in line with everyone else I guess. (Better than the time my favorite song was among the last 5 or so…)

I always listen to all the songs online as soon as they are made public on the Eurovision page, same thing this year. Austria actually was my absolute favorite. It's rare that one of my favorite songs wins ... most of the time they don't survive the semi-finals. Last time my absolute fave won was in 2006!

Yes, Swedish dancers and Swedish songwriters for last years winner. This year 10 songs was written by swedish songwriters….. and norway had swedish dancers among others.

Actually a lot of the winners have had something to do with sweden and swedish songwriters…

Speaking of which, forward to 2015.

Well, congrats Sweden.

But honestly, I found the winning song utterly mediocre and still can't understand how it could get so many votes. My favorites were Estonia (beautiful duet), Greece (sort of hypnotizing), Latvia (bonus points for being unique), Russia (lovely) and Italy (almost too good for Eurovision).

I blame Putin that Russia didn't win.

Was fun to see Australia participate though. =)

Last edited:
My favorites were Azerbaijan (Elnur!!!) and Italy, but I actually liked the Swedish song.

My son and his friend (who stayed overnight to watch the show with us) liked the Israeli song the best.

I don't watch it anymore. We used to have guy on TV who did hilarious commentary for it, but he doesn't do it these days. I did watch last year to enjoy the bearded transvestitism winding up all the right people.

Eurovision should be changed to Sweurovision :)

Hahaha, yes probably :D

One thing about this year confused me greatly, I've never realised that us in Oztralia were actually part of Europe!!

It was a one time thing, because of the 60th year celebration.

One thing about this year confused me greatly, I've never realised that us in Oztralia were actually part of Europe!!

It's part of our long time strategy to enlighten the world. America, we're coming for you!!

pibbur who thinks we should start with the state dte lives in. If we can find it.

lol Germany.

I went to school with that other chick who also scored last place for Germany. So losing the ESC is very close to my heart.

Haven't watched it for years.
It simply lost it's quality music aspect and turned into a fluff and "scandals" sell thing. Good for laughs, but I don't have enough time for mediocrity any more and have better things to do lately.

@pibbur - I find it hard to imagine let alone put the words enlighten and Eurovision in the same sentence/context. Unless it is about all the sequins and glitter.

@ GG - thanks for the clarification. We have already given much to the world without Eurovision. Just thinking of Danni Minogue, Rolf Harris, The Wiggles ........

lol Germany.

I went to school with that other chick who also scored last place for Germany. So losing the ESC is very close to my heart.

Oooops you did, I take it you don't like her given what you wrote above? :p

@ GG - thanks for the clarification. We have already given much to the world without Eurovision. Just thinking of Danni Minogue, Rolf Harris, The Wiggles ……..

And deadly snakes.
And deadly spiders.
And deadly jellyfish.
….
The only venomous mammal (wannabe).

All in all 72 species of small (ok, some of them a large) deadly animals gathered together on an island and grooving....

But not deadly plants, apparently. You may want to do something about that. The world, represented by Discovery Channel, Animal Planet and National Geographic, surely expects this.

Pibbur who in this respect is part of the world.

Last edited:
@pibbur - I find it hard to imagine let alone put the words enlighten and Eurovision in the same sentence/context. Unless it is about all the sequins and glitter.

Hah. Anything european is more enlightened than american .. things. Anything! :) (for safety reasons)

pibbur who sometimes doesn't know what he's talking about, and who is pretty sure this is one of those times.

Neither is Israel. It's part of our insidious, slow, and extremely cheesy plan for a new empire.

Back
Top Bottom