The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Just listening to some old Jesus & Mary Chain stuff - trying to get used to it since they will headline the festival I'll visit next weekend. The problem is - I didn't like their music back in the days, and I still can't get into it.

Last edited:
it really doesn't get any better than this. if you need a reason to move to la, well being ariel pink's neighbour is as good as it gets.
ariel pink - are you going to look after my boys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N6EecRJu60

if ariel pink has his own theme park it would be 'the happiest place on earth'...with just the right amount of madness.

I'm not sure what I should put next into my CD player :

- The small soundtrack of Tropico 2 or
- a collection of Bangles songs.

I think I'd rather stick to the latter one.

Done.

This 2CD-compilation is actually quite good - because it has lots of B-Sides and non-LP songs songs on it !

My favourite song of that collection is the song "Glitter Years".

Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper

We were working on a photo-DVD my wife was making for our nephew and she wanted this song so I pulled out an old 80's collection CD set we have. I haven't heard this in years, but always appreciated that it is a truly wonderful song. Miles Davis did a wonderful version and it became somewhat of a standard for him in his final years. Lauper really nuances the vocals in a way that current pop singers seem incapable of doing.

There's actually an emo version of Time After Time getting radio play now. Some no-name band from Indianapolis re-did it. Don't care for the whole emo treatment, but the song is good enough to stand up to the abuse and still work.

OK, this isn't seriously what I'm listening to but is funny enough to share. This is (I believe) an original song called 'The Chuck Norris Song' as shown in a YouTube video. If you laughed when he said 'if I wanted your opinion I'd beat it out of you' in Lone Wolf McQuade you should appreciate this ...

Curtain Society's Inertia cd

good stuff-- gravity was the first curtain society song i ever heard on the CvB "nigh" compilation...needless to say i was hooked and bought some of their albums. also go buy a lotto ticket mr. 777.

Anathema - Kingdom

Great, I love the whole last half of the Pentecost cd (kingdom/mine is yours to drown in/we the gods) it's almost like one continuous song. Trippy stuff, and it's actually the precursor to their newer sound

Supersuckers - Eastbound n' Down

cover of the old Smokey and the Bandit theme song, prolly be stuck in my head for days now!

Autumn's Grey Solace- Shades of Grey cd

After several listens over several months, still not sure I'm thrilled with the direction Erin and Scott are moving on their 3rd release. Erin got really excited about off-key vocal slides and they just don't work for me. Still glad I bought it, but their first 2 Projekt releases will certainly see more time in the player.

Ah, how much I love this song ! :)

Must get all of her CDs one day ... I think she released her last only last year or that year before ... ?

By the way - funny thing is that you can see the whole video clip of her song she made for the "Goonies" movie on the Goonies DVD ! :) ;)

Back
Top Bottom