Baldur's Gate - iPad Version Supports MP, Costs

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Kotaku has teased a snippet from a phone interview with Beamdog's Cameron Tofer. Apparently the iPad release of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition will support multiplayer and sell for less than $10:
The enhanced iPad version of classic role-playing game Baldur's Gate, slated for release this summer, won't cost you more than $10. Also, it will support multiplayer.
An enhanced edition of Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn is in the works for iPad later this year as well.
This is all according to Cameron Tofer, COO of developer Beamdog, who told me today in a phone interview that it would be "crazy" to charge more than $10 for the 1998 PC game.
More information.

Damn - I have Android !
Stop making things for Ipad !

Bit outdated.
Since than Android experienced substantial growth.

I do not deny that having one spec is easier to develop for - its same as consoles vs PC

But i would never trade android for mac

"it would be "crazy" to charge more than $10 for the 1998 PC game. "

Does this mean that desktop version of said game will cost <= $10?

"it would be "crazy" to charge more than $10 for the 1998 PC game. "

Does this mean that desktop version of said game will cost <= $10?

I think that reflects the reality that $10 is a good ceiling in the app store. What the PC game will cost is still anyone's guess. Certainly less that $20 I would assume.

Wizard's Crown?

BG is great, but Wizard's Crown had a much better combat and skills system - I think tablets are just the place for a TBCRPG revival.

BG is great, but Wizard's Crown had a much better combat and skills system - I think tablets are just the place for a TBCRPG revival.

A lot of older games have better combat systems. WC was 14 years before BG.

I think that reflects the reality that $10 is a good ceiling in the app store. What the PC game will cost is still anyone's guess. Certainly less that $20 I would assume.

Tell that to Square Enix and all their old game ports like FFT costing around $20. If Se can do it, so can Beamdog they just choose not to.

Tell that to Square Enix and all their old game ports like FFT costing around $20. If Se can do it, so can Beamdog they just choose not to.

Yeah market gauging at its best. Some should check out ubisoft charging $5 for a psn game then charging $30 on the vita just because they can. Yeah real classy there isn't it?

funny-gifs-how-to-steal-in-skyrim.gif

Back
Top Bottom