Why Trent Osner is the new Brain Fargo...

Carbon

Watcher
…ha ha made you look didn´t you fanboiz?
Notice I used Brain too ;)
All joking aside after all the brilliant comments I have seen in thsi forum I stand corrected and do decree Osner is the new Fargo who will surely usher in a new golden area in RPG gamng, much like Brian Fargos´ Black Isle did almost 15 years ago.
This rebirth which will surely give us brand new IP on par with the classic games like Bard´s Tale, Goldlbox and the Inifity Engine games will because Trent and his stellar team have such a great track record developing new and exiting possibilities in the realm of fantasy and scifi….
Oh wait, no sorry about that guys….cocaine is a hell of a drug!
Trent Osner has developed extactly NOTHING in his no good career, look him up; yeah he worked in Bioware (must have a janitor I guess) and he has no design credential anywhere, has developed nothing himself and now has the gall to think that by using a 14 year old game with some added fuctions to "upgrade" it and implementing some of the tweaks and tricks that moders have already done for at least 10 years he is a great game designer who even dreams of developing Baldur´s Gate 3?
And some of you are breathlesly waiting for tomorrow to make that deram come true?
Back up InXile or Obsidian with their kickstarters people, try to actualy help people trying to actualy innovate…not some poor hack who tries to sound like he is redesigning the damn 16th chapel while a circle of fanbois clap (not to say the word I was thinking of in this holy place) and grant him the title of "developer" hell he doesnt even have the oroginal artwork to work with and must have wiseled out the code with his "soul patch" machismo
If the guys had come out and said "I have the code so we will fix pathfinding, improve AI and add a few elf sex scenes" for all te Bioware fanbois I would have gladly given him my money too, but his so called upgardes and fixing things that frankly didnt need fixing (blue UI anynone, why not in pink?) along with his conceited attitude have sured on me really fast-
Yeah his EE saves you the "hassle" of taking 20 damn minutes to install a few mods, and maybe I am not unhappy about the doll equipment thingy but this hardly warrants me to pay for a 3rd time for a game that can look and play just as well with a few minutes tweaking with mods.
Maybe I am wrong and the blur effect of the beautiful original artwork (that wakes it seem like the characters are iceskating in a Van Gogh painting) is a selling point for you guys; I would say it´s a MTV thing but somehow I think that wouldnt apply to this place at all…

I can't be bothered to read all that wall of text but a couple of things:

1. There are fan girls as well, not just fan boys.
2. It's Trent Oster, not Osner...
3. If you are going to make an argument against whole bunch of fan boys/girls, try to watch out spelling as well... otherwise, it look like the whole argument is from some angst teenager.

Nah Vivi it is just kind of har typing on the IPad, and fan girls are awright with me

1. I'm not buying Baldur's Gate for iPhone (iPad) and never will
2. I'm buying Wasteland 2 (um… actually already bought via kickstarter…)

Who did you say is new who?
Somehow seems you skipped to add Peter Molyneux in the equotation.

"…ha ha made you look didn´t you fanboiz?"

I just wanted to know who Trent Osner and 'Brain' Fargo were. Names stick to me like a greased pig but I think I would remember somebody who went by "Brain".

"…ha ha made you look didn´t you fanboiz?"

I just wanted to know who Trent Osner and 'Brain' Fargo were. Names stick to me like a greased pig but I think I would remember somebody who went by "Brain".

I once "knew" a guy named Grant Bain. I would always read it as "Giant Brain".

So many spelling mistakes, my eyes started bleeding after a while. Dear Codex troll/Watch newfag, please revise your grammar and stop posting garbage. We all get it: you don't like BG EE.

Yup you guys are right. moderator could you close up this thread?

Back
Top Bottom