Runemaster

wiretripped

Machiavellian
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hm. New RPG announced py PI, called Runemaster.
It looks like a Diable-clone, at first sight.

From the PR-blurb:
Paradox Interactive said:
Runemaster is an RPG set in a fantasy realm based in the rich, majestic traditions of Norse mythology, casting each player in the role of a unique champion in a time of chaotic upheaval. Procedural maps and quests will ensure that no two playthroughs are identical, allowing players to tell a saga that is uniquely their own. Explore vast vistas through the six worlds of Norse myth, command troops in tactical combat, and define your champion through the choices they make.

“Creating an RPG is something new for Paradox Development Studio, and it’s been a dream project we’ve wanted to undertake for a long time now,” said Johan Andersson, Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio. “We’re always playing RPGs in our spare time and discovering new things we love about them as a game genre; it was only natural that sooner or later we’d have to design our own. Runemaster is the result, and we know our fans will love it.”

To see the fantastic world of Runemaster for the first time, view the announcement trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctn_X6UYKwc

Hm. New RPG announced py PI, called Runemaster.
It looks like a Diable-clone, at first sight.

From the PR-blurb:

turn based and command troops Diablo clone? I think only the randomly generated world is Diabloish, anything else is different.

Where does it say turn-based? "Tactical combat" could be anything, no?

But yes, I might have been too quick with the Diable-clone assumption. I am cautiously optimistic for now, though I don't know what to think of the "procedural maps and quests".

Where does it say turn-based? "Tactical combat" could be anything, no?

But yes, I might have been too quick with the Diable-clone assumption. I am cautiously optimistic for now, though I don't know what to think of the "procedural maps and quests".

It's actually more like Heroes of Might & Magic, with turn based tactical combat where you recruit troops, but with more emphasis in the RPG aspect.

This would stand to reason considering the Developers.
Interested in seeing more.

New preview article http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...parts-from-Strategy-With-Norse-RPG-Runemaster
I liked this part…
"Every battle will matter," he said, and the current plan is for you to fight not more than once every twenty minutes. On the hex grid, you'll have your player character you've been leveling up, but you'll also control different units like archers or a Giant you've recruited along the way. Facing on the hex grid will matter, as will concepts like elevation and hiding behind cover. And there will of course be the trappings of RPGs, from leveling up your character as a berserker, skald, or runemaster to collecting loot and equipping sweet, sweet randomized loots."
I was just about to post that article.:p

I also liked that they don't consider Loki "evil" for wanting to bring Ragnarok :)

When you mess with Loki, you're playing fire and lightning.

I mean honestly, the guy hid in a cave and had no interest in resurrecting the sun. I'm pretty sure he was considered evil after that.

The blueprint is very appealing, let hope the building will match it.

Back
Top Bottom