RIP David Bowie

Perhaps he kept his sickness secret? He just released a new album too...

RIP David Bowie.

One of the best, a living legend who is now simply a legend.

Sad news indeed - and as noted, just days after the release of his new album. :(

Gutted. No Labyrinth sequel now either 😢. RIP to a man even us straight lads fancied. Legend

Just saw it on news here, The Man Who Fell to Earth is now gone.
Thanks for everything.

I heard a David Bowie's song this morning at the radio but they didn't mention he was dead. I probably missed the announcement before the song.

RIP

I heard about the cancer several months ago, but never thought he'd fall this soon. I was fortunate enough to see him live on four occasions, and I will treasure those memories for the rest of my days. RIP Ziggy.

That entire show at the BBC radio theatre is spectacular. The best performances that I witnessed myself of Bowie were in Manassas, Va. in 95, October if I remember right at the Nissan Pavilion w/ Nine Inch Nails. Reznor got sick 20 minutes into the show and Bowie did the rest himself, and it was amazing. Then I saw him next in Port Chester, NY, when he replaced the Stones, which I believe was in 1997, also in October maybe. Who the HELL replaces the Stone other than Bowie?!?!?!? /drops mic

I only saw him once; it was in June, 2000 at the Roseland in NYC w/ a couple thousand in attendance. There were talks of him canceling the show due to a case of bronchitus (he had canceled the previous night's show). The show went on - and it was magical.

Aw, man.

I'm like eight years old, and I've snuck into my older sister's room to play her records, and I'm sitting there on the carpet looking at his weird face on the album cover and "Starman" comes on, and

NwKXNav.gif

How far out are you, Bowie?

"Pretty far out man, pretty far out."

And today -- just a little bit further.

[edit: I went to Youtube to check out his new album, and the first line of the first song I listened to was "Look at me, I'm up in heaven."]

Last edited:
the guy definitely lived a full life, unfortunately it's the way of all flesh

He was certainly one of a kind, a true legend!

I only had the pleasure of seeing him in concert-on the Serious Moonlight tour inn Adelaide. When I was growing up Ziggy Stadust and the Spiders from Mars never left the cassette player. A great individual performer.

Oi. The news isn't even here on my newspaper's web site yet !

And the stars look very different today.

Back
Top Bottom