Age of Conan - Focus of Funcom/NVIDIA Collaboration

Kawika

Watchdog
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures has taken center stage in the concerted efforts of Funcom and NIVIDA. Together, these two giants of the computer gaming industry have joined forces, putting their considerable weights behind making Age of Conan a featured title for Microsoft Windows Vista as well as NVIDIA’s “The Way It’s Meant To Be Played” program. In addition, we can expect to see the game become fully enhanced for both DX10 and the new line of NVIDIA GeForce 8800 graphic cards.
More information.

Looking forward to Conan. Loved Anarchy Online and I still play it from time to time so I have great expectations from Funcom.

And I am also buying a new computer mid-december and I will be getting a 8800GTX

Microsoft will be happy. Another reason for a "must buy vista".

Even now, everyone's telling me "we MUST upgrade ! There is no escape !"

What nonsense !

Of course, the hardware upgrades wheel is spinning round and round ... and Microsoft benefits from that. And hardware manufacturers as well, of course,

That's a pro of consoles : No need to upgrade hardware for a platform for a while. No new OS needed.

Except for the fact that a new console comes out practically once a year... :rolleyes:

That's a pro of consoles : No need to upgrade hardware for a platform for a while. No new OS needed.

Can O' Worms bro.

Playstation 1 2 and 3...Xbox and Xbox360..."Nintendo umpteenth incarnation."

Windows 98 to Windows 2000 is 2 years. About 2 or 3 years until Windows XP came out. Vista will be 3 years after that.

Consoles and PCs evolve at exactly the same rate, both according to tried true and tested profit models.

Who made up this illusion that consoles last forever and PCs change constantly?

XP has been around for over 5 years now. I think thats longer than any recent console has lasted. Have to go back to the days of the SNES to get an "operating system" for a console that has lasted longer I think. Sure the occasional PS1 game still gets released though!!! Just not in the american market ;)

On the secondary market, there are still loads of PS1 games out there. And i do often roam these.

Maybe I'll buy a PS2 in the next few years, but my dream is to buy a new Dreamcaster, which can still be found, although in *very* small quataties - in gaming and electronic shops.

Besides, I'm still working with Windows 98SE.
(Having installed Ubuntu 6.10 two days ago.)

Back
Top Bottom