Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - JoWooD Announces Patch and Content Patch

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
It's worth another newsbit that in the aforementioned PR, JoWooD calls it an open letter to the community, executive producer Michael Kairat announced both another patch and an additional content patch.
GameStar interviewed him to find out what went wrong, whose fault it was and why it won't happen again.
Again, if you find a translation please post it in the comment thread.
More information.

Translated statement from the JoWood forum:

"Gothic 3 : Forsaken Gods is full of bugs, just as the main game was. Fans are complaining about the poor quality of the game and JoWooD felt that it's time to release a statement in this regard:

First of all we want to thank the community for showing their support and we also want to thank those who have chosen to buy the game. Unfortunatey, it wasn't possible for us to release a game that could fully satisfy you, for different reasons.

The game was released this year because that was what we and the community desired. JoWooD and Trine have worked under a lot of pressure, and to repair some of the mistakes we released the game with a patch, hoping to make it better.

Michael Kairat, Executive Producer of JoWooD said: We are now getting the full "bill" from the community for our mistakes.

JoWooD Productions would like to present their apologies to the fans for releasing an unsatisfying game.

Furthermore Michael Kairat explained that in the next days a new patch will be released which will improve the quality of the game. It will be available for download on JoWooD's Official Website.

We also want to make a content patch which will include opinions, suggestions, wishes from the community. After the feedback from the community, we will release a statement regarding the patch.

Toghether with Spellbound we will make early beta tests for Arcania: A Gothic Tale, to be sure that past mistakes will not be repeated. JoWooD admits their mistake, and will prevent it from happening again, says Michael Kairat on behalf of the entire team."

A positive and unexpected step, but we'll see if the promised patches materialise - and I'm doubtful if they can deal with the silly quests and lacklustre plot.

I posted the translation here

Just one word - Comedy :)

...only too bad for the legend Gothic

The Gothic series is already destroyed. The Legend lives on in Risen.

Anyone can take the name but not anyone can make the game.

Uh, and if Risen gets destroyed, too ... ?

Anything is possible but PB has been clear they have returned to a smaller, more focused game and Koch/Deep Silver is an entirely different kettle of fish. I doubt it will be a disaster.

Indeed, PB listened again to the community to go back for a smaller world that's much more alive. Gothic 3 went much to far to Oblivion (as Oblivion went very far to gothic) -> I thought this to be disturbing, since I liked gothic 1 and Gothic 2 + NotR very much

I know I'm beating a dead horse but after 1 year there hasn't been any content patch.
Is it safe to say that we caught JW on a straightforward lie?

I know I'm beating a dead horse but after 1 year there hasn't been any content patch.
Is it safe to say that we caught JW on a straightforward lie?

I'm sure it was a mistranslation or misinterpretation on our part ;)

Back
Top Bottom