SW:TOR - No Homosexuality

Mary J Blige wants no more drama up in this thread.

So, I never played any of these Star Wars games other then some old FPS called Dark Forces or something like a decade ago. Star Wars is kinda lame, as I mentioned previously. You might think that's just my opinion, but it's actually a fact. sozuknow

I am wondering did they find the gay gene yet? I'm still not convinced that homosexuality is hereditary trait. I didnt develop my sexuality until i was 12 years old. Being from a background that doesnt talk about sex as much as westerners do, I didnt understand what was sex until i learned about it in high school.

Judging from the ads, I'd have to say Calvin Klein is the gay jean.

I am wondering did they find the gay gene yet? I'm still not convinced that homosexuality is hereditary trait. I didnt develop my sexuality until i was 12 years old. Being from a background that doesnt talk about sex as much as westerners do, I didnt understand what was sex until i learned about it in high school.

I'm sure PJ and JemyM will have better information on this then I do, since this isn't really an area that I'm usually all that interested in, but as far as I know the 'gay gene' is just a hypothesis right now. On the other hand, since there are homosexual animals in nature, the "it's a choice and it's evil/bad/a sin" logic can't apply. There's some debate about whether certain genes may make someone more predisposed to liking homosexuals. And by the way, I went to heavily Christian schools and never had a sex ed class - I was still attracted to those of the female persuasion as a youngin'.

I thought I heard someone had found it. I may be wrong, or perhaps he had some revolutionary ideas about it.

Anyways, I'm sure eventually they will which brings up the interesting topic of "designer babies" as they call them. In the future, we will first eliminate problem genes that cause things such as down syndrome or breast cancer, but who is to say it will stop there? Really, what will stop us from wanting our children to have, say blonde hair? From such cosmetic choices, we'll likely debate whether moral choices should be considered: should a parent be allowed to determine if their child will grow up to become homosexual?

Anyways, I want my children to have retractable bone sword like objects that project from their forearms. It'd be like Predator's claw things except they'd be bone. Either that or have a gun like appendage that fires small bone like darts that are, of course poisonous. Also the ability to morph into other species like wolves and dragons.

I'm sure PJ and JemyM will have better information on this then I do, since this isn't really an area that I'm usually all that interested in, but as far as I know the 'gay gene' is just a hypothesis right now. On the other hand, since there are homosexual animals in nature, the "it's a choice and it's evil/bad/a sin" logic can't apply. There's some debate about whether certain genes may make someone more predisposed to liking homosexuals. And by the way, I went to heavily Christian schools and never had a sex ed class - I was still attracted to those of the female persuasion as a youngin'.

You weren't taught to looks at girls differently when you were young? If so that is very interesting. Maybe im just odd. Not too unlikely.

Anyways, I want my children to have retractable bone sword like objects that project from their forearms. It'd be like Predator's claw things except they'd be bone.
Marry a Tarkatan and see if it happens without gene splicing ;).

Hereditary is not the same as innate. Prenatal hormones, for example, affect all kinds of things.

There's a pretty good (if a bit rambling) discussion of the topic on Wikipedia: [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation ]

Sexuality develop naturally around the age of 12.
If oneself is a heterosexual, one know that sexuality is something you are born with, as you cannot chose something else. If you can chose you're a bisexual, which many of the people who advocate "homosexuality is a choice" very well might be.

There are studies though;
Homosexual Behavior Largely Shaped By Genetics And Random Environmental Factors

You do not need to find genes to understand that something is what it is. You can do psychological studies as well. I have previously mentioned the American Psychiatric Association. Their DSM-IV manual is the greatest authority in psychiatry. Their standpoint, which is based on the best available information in studies all across the globe, is to disencourage attempts to change a homosexual. The scientific results show that such practice is just harmful to the victim and have at worst caused suicides.

There is a pseudoscience going on with people who promise to "cure gays", but they are as scientific as crystal healers. They rarely have any education in psychology and many make their business illegally because they have no license. Such business are repeatedly shut down sooner or later.

Having said that, for normal people who do not try to prove that the Bible is literally true, there's no reason not to not simply listen. After all, homosexuality isn't stranger than near-sightedness, Asperger syndrome or left-handedness. With some minor changes, like we all do in our lives, homosexuals can live a fulfilling life, contributing to the society like everybody else. It's far worse with traits such as Downs Syndrome or Autism.

Last edited:
Here's another take. Not sure how accurate it is. A pretty good documentary on Christianity and homosexuality though. If you want to watch it, start at part 2, as part 1 is the trailer.

Übereil

You weren't taught to looks at girls differently when you were young? If so that is very interesting. Maybe im just odd. Not too unlikely.

No offense, but the belief that someone needs to be "taught" to look at girls is just sad. I was certainly not "taught" to "look at girls differently", nor have I ever heard of anyone before who have been "taught" that. Sexuality develops naturally around the age of 12 so it's nothing you can teach. What you have there is a mentality which most of the western civilization begun to reject as early as the fifties, since psychology have begun to offer better insight in what sexuality is, how sexuality develop and what happens if you mistreat it.

Can you teach against biology? What you can do is to associate guilt/shame to an action so that some feelings are redirected to create shame and guilt instead. When that's done against sexuality, you tend to damage the system. The body can react very strongly to such training. Hysteria is an example of a strong physical reaction to psychological training. Many adults who lived up in a household that tried to control their sexuality, feeding them false information, guilt and shame, have damaged sexuality and sexual neurosis that isn't healthy.

Most likely, if you were taught to not look at girls, you would break that rule, if you are a heterosexual that is.

No offense, but the belief that someone needs to be "taught" to look at girls is just sad. I was certainly not "taught" to "look at girls differently", nor have I ever heard of anyone before who have been "taught" that. Sexuality develops naturally around the age of 12 so it's nothing you can teach. What you have there is a mentality which most of the western civilization begun to reject as early as the fifties, since psychology have begun to offer better insight in what sexuality is, how sexuality develop and what happens if you mistreat it.

Can you teach against biology? What you can do is to associate guilt/shame to an action so that some feelings are redirected to create shame and guilt instead. When that's done against sexuality, you tend to damage the system. The body can react very strongly to such training. Hysteria is an example of a strong physical reaction to psychological training. Many adults who lived up in a household that tried to control their sexuality, feeding them false information, guilt and shame, have damaged sexuality and sexual neurosis that isn't healthy.

Most likely, if you were taught to not look at girls, you would break that rule, if you are a heterosexual that is.

I did not mean sexually. I meant as different to boys at like the age of 6. I dunno how i could have word that better.

EDIT: About hysteria etc. It is only a problem if sexuality is a big deal in your country. In my country(Sri Lanka) homosexual acts are against the law. Most homosexuals i believe get married to the opposite and have sex only to have kids. Yet the divorce rate(1.3%) is 50 times less than the states (70%).

Last edited:
I did not mean sexually. I meant as different to boys at like the age of 6. I dunno how i could have word that better.

Children have no concept of sexuality, what you can teach though is social gender. Personally I played with dolls when I was young, and I wasn't allowed to play with wartoys, and I also had several female friends. I also lived up with a very dominant mother who was the authority in our household. I never had a good relationship with my father (who is dead now) and I never had a father figure. My grandma (fathers side) is also the matriarch in our family as grandpa was dead before I was born. She have kept a family of three boys and eight cousins together all these years. I have never been taught anything about how I should be from my parents and I haven't been taught about monogamy either.

Despite all that I am heterosexual through and through. My cohabit, who I have lived with for 7 years (which wont change). In Freudian fashion, my cohabit is a strong, independent woman, very much like my Mother, and for some reason I am very much like her father.

Sweden, who have the most gender equal society in the world, can be a rather alien culture to one who have been taught that genders should follow certain patterns. What's interesting though is what remains after you abolished the nurture.

Most homosexuals i believe get married to the opposite and have sex only to have kids. Yet the divorce rate(1.3%) is 50 times less than the states (70%).

Cultures see very differently on marriage. Marriage here isn't seen as a big deal. Most tend to think it happens sooner or later but they rarely feel any hurry and marrying before having a stable relationship is seen as foolish. Such marriage isn't really socially accepted. Even traditional heterosexual couples here rarely get married before 30 and usually groups of friends marry because their friends do so. The legal benefits are important too. Not seldom people had children before that.

The reason I am personally not married yet is mostly due to my socioeconomic status. I am a student who spend all my time on studies, pushing really hard to catching up wasted years. With my economy I cannot afford a ceremony even if I was ready for it a long time ago. I also do not see it important beyond juridical reasons. I already have a day to remember, and that's when I met my cohabit the first time.

Back
Top Bottom