Dark - Now Available on Steam

Huh? You won't buy a game because Google thinks that the publisher's mail is junk?
If nothing, that's the most original excuse I've ever heard.

The game is fun. Basically it is sneaking your way through areas and unlocking new skills with XP. Playstyle is very similar if you went onto sneaking role in DX:HR. Mobs don't respawn! Graphics is not spectacular, but it's not bad either, in fact it has some strange style of it's own I actually like. Music (ingame) while effective, is not very memorable. :(

Played the game for 4 hours, solved the first "dungeon" completely, were thorough about collecting stuff (8 PDA plus books for 1 sideassignment, killed all hostiles without raising alarm except two early I've skipped deliberately). The game never crashed, I've seen no glitches, stutters or whatever and the only possible bug is that I needed to put 2 points into a skill where it says I need only 1 (but could be I've misunderstood something there). All settings are on highest possible and I've upped default resolution to 1680x1050 (GTX 560).

Oh, and one thing more… The game supports 3D. That explains the price. However, since I don't care for that stuff, I'll never receive this achievement:
3D trendsetter
Experienced the game in Virtual Reality.

I like a lot of kalypso media games, although I'm not high on vampire stuff I do really enjoy stealth.

I'm a little conflicted on this one I will wait for more info.

I already have a kalypso account for the first Templar, so no problem there.

Huh? You won't buy a game because Google thinks that the publisher's mail is junk?
If nothing, that's the most original excuse I've ever heard.

Yeah. Thats it. The junk mail. Not the fact I have to create yet another account for it. :)

I think you don't have to, there is a skip registration option, but since I adore Kalypso's Ceville, I registered. ;)

My main problem with some implementations of stealth is that if you are detected and the scenario ends so that you have to reload, then that's not my cup of tea at all. In DX:HR and most other hybrid games, that did not occur, if you were detected then it was no longer a stealth scenario but the game did not basically end and require a reload.

How is that issue with Dark? What happens if you are detected?

I think you don't have to, there is a skip registration option, but since I adore Kalypso's Ceville, I registered. ;)

If that's the case I might still give it a try.

How is that issue with Dark? What happens if you are detected?

If detected and the enemy starts shouting or whatnot and all mobs in the area attack you. If you're quick even if detected by one mob you can prevent him from alerting others. Just like in DX:HR only thing you lose if detected is bonus XP.

No reloads needed unless you want the bonus and the game is not consolelike pain in the arse - you may save anywhere and the game makes autosaves on entering new areas or prior to critical events.

Thank you joxer, that is good to know.

Back
Top Bottom