Gothic need help-can't kill meatbugs

hope this isn't too silly but i can't seem to kill any meatbugs... has anyone else had this problem or am i doing it wrong...lol would really like to get the little 'bug'gers
tnx for any help

Keep trying, I remember I had the same problem at first, but you need simply be in the right distance, and then I think kind of look down on them at an angle, then you can hit them.

You´re not the first with that question. ;)
It´s been a long time, so I´m not 100% sure. A logical solution would be to use your fists or feet to squash them. Hitting a bug with a sword can be tricky. It´s possible though.

Keep trying, I remember I had the same problem at first, but you need simply be in the right distance, and then I think kind of look down on them at an angle, then you can hit them.

Like you said -> it's the distance to the meatbugs. It's different when you have a sword, are kicking or using your fists.

I recommend trying to use your fists to do it, it's much easier to him the bugs when you're not using a sword. I find it nearly impossible to hit them with a sword.

I recommend trying to use your fists to do it, it's much easier to him the bugs when you're not using a sword. I find it nearly impossible to hit them with a sword.

Correct, it was way easier with the fists.

You kick if you run forward and then attack while being unarmed. Basically, it's the unarmed version of the overhead swing that a lot of NPCs use when running around trying to hit.

I am playing Gothic I... I bought the new 'Gothic Universe' set and haven't even looked at the other 2 games yet... still learning how the controls and the game works... but what I have seen so far this is going to be one of the best games I've ever played

WTF are you guys talking about? o_O You can easly kill them with any sword. I agree that its a bit tricky to kill them wih no weapon but come on two handed weapons to kill meatbugs .... jeeez :rotfl:

I am playing Gothic I... I bought the new 'Gothic Universe' set and haven't even looked at the other 2 games yet... still learning how the controls and the game works... but what I have seen so far this is going to be one of the best games I've ever played

The Gothic 2 controls are a bit better imo.(action is only the mouse button and not mousebutton+stepforward) The only that I didn't like in gothic 2 is the sell/buy system -> When you misclicked on an item, it will be bought/sold. That was one of the things I adviced for a change when KaiRo was at RPGDot for NotR.(you could ask him questions what would come in the addon, without him telling the story) I repeated the advice and luckily it was picked up for gothic 3.

I often had difficulties hitting the meatbugs because they were so much low to the ground. ;)

This is the first time I read about kicking, besides, didn't know that.

Bows work well

it is kind of easy... after playing gothic so many times I just kill them with a sword in the first try... or the pickaxe...

and yes you can kick in Gothic (1 and 2 don't know for 3)

Back
Top Bottom