Xbox 360 Red lights fixes

buckaroobonzai

VR nomad
Trying to find instructions on how to fix the 3 red lights error, without purchasing the info with dvd for almost the same price as getting it repaired: $30.

Anyone know where theyre are instructions or can guide those who want to do this to do it?

No idea, sorry. I always just send mine in. Anyone with a 360 should have a warranty.

The warranty is only good for 3 yrs, and on this console it is obsolete. It is my
3rd one and I want to fix it, not pay Microsoft $140 shipped to repair it. Theres stores on the interwebs that will fix it for $49 shipped, or you can buy an instruction guide with dvd video for $30 that will teach you how to fix it.

I was just wondering if anyone had already fixe done and had a free guide/post/blog on how to do that.

Some vids can be found on YouTube.

Tutorials are certainly available for free on the internet, but they're buried in heaps of spam.

I'm buying one of the new ones. Presumably all the red-light nonsense has been addressed. They look a lot better and have much bigger hard drive. And they are "whisper quiet," I am told.

I bought one of the kits off Amazon for $20 which included the mounting hardware, thermal paste, and instructions on a pdf to fix my son's 360.
It was similar to this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Xbox-360-XCLAMP-Repair/dp/B001HPQB3W/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1280962528&sr=1-1

I will have to say after disassembling it and seeing the motherboard that it had to have been the worst case of applying thermal paste I had ever seen. It was everywhere around the processor and gpu. I cleaned it up and put a thin layer of arctic silver instead of the supplied paste in the kit and it is still running to this day.

Yep, they're really quiet. My old one was a first generation and I always had to turn the volume way up to understand dialogue. Now I don't notice anything even when the disc is spinning.

Yeah, I love my 360 S. So quiet and sleek, compared to that noisy old white thing.

Back
Top Bottom