What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

just rented GI Joe... I was kinda stoked, and then I was kinda let down... Not a totally bad movie just was hoping for more

A Christmas Carol
Obviously, the story itself isn't going to stun anyone. The visuals on this one are just plain stunning. They did that colored frames thing ala Polar Express, and it worked very very well. If you're interested, see it on the big screen cuz you'll lose a lot dropping down to a tv.

2012 - pretty retarded and cynical but a lot of eye-candy. Also, towards the end they switched to "live camera" mode for some watery scenes which ruined the movie-feel.

Last edited:
Just finished watching Wizard of Oz ... still a stunning masterpiece.

Earlier to day watched the Fawlty Towers DVD collection ... pretty funny, but don't like it as much as I recall.

You've obviously went to see it for the wrong reasons. :)
The only reason to go see it is for the awesome feast for the eyes that it is. Nothing else. Just like Transformers 1&2. :)

Well, i wanted to see a disaster movie and all i got was family & religious American principles ; AGAIN !

This isn't a movie, but has anyone caught the new 'V' TV series? I saw the first one today. It's looking really good. I liked how they took a pot shot at Independence Day when the Visitors where coming.

I hardly remember anything from the first V. The only thing that I definitely remember is the future Freddy Kruger/Pinhead and The Beastmaster being in it.

Drag Me to Hell

Do you like The Evil Dead(s)? If so, I encourage you to check out this film, by Sam Raimi, the effects guru from Evil Dead. Basically, this woman pisses off an old gypsy, who calls down the curse of the Lamia on her. Fun ensues.

Tho not really like the Evil Dead films at all in theme, it has a lot of the flavor of them. Actually kinda funny (albeit a bit gross) at times too!

Speaking of disaster films, has anyone seen "The Road" ? It is written by Cormac McCarthur and Roger Ebert gave it a good rating but admits it was hard to review. He likes the authors work so much and admits its hard for any movie to do justice to an author like McCarthur.
Any thoughts?

I can't wait to see The Road. It looks awesome.

Btw, just came back from 2012. Awful movie. The first CG scenes are intense and awesome, but after that it's a one way trip to Crap-ville. Transformers 1 is still awesome btw. So was the second one, but way too many jokes kept it from being that great.

We took a stroll down memory lane for Thanksgiving and rented the 1950 Jimmy Stewart classic, Harvey about the trials and tribulations of the pleasant over smart Elwood P. Dowd, who occasionally enjoys a drop too much, and his pooka pal, Harvey the six foot invisible rabbit. Unlike a lot of films from the distant past we've revisted lately, this one really stood the test of time. Excellent humor, humanity, and social commentary, and all delivered in a painless, deadpan and understated style. For those young sprouts who may not have seen it, it's definitely worth a rental.

Not a move but… Last Friday (27th of Novermber), the Railway between my hometown Bergen and our capital Oslo was 100 years old. When it was built it was quite a feat, going over the mountains at 1400 m. above sea level. (I know, nothing compared to the swiss railways, but north of Switzerland there's no railway running above that height).

As part of the celebration, the Norwegian Broadcasting Company (NRK) created a documentary, where they filmed all the way from Bergen to Oslo, covering 520 km in 7 hours. I like trains a lot (I like trains so much that I'm close to being passionate about them - ref another thread). I watched the program. Someone called it slow-tv, which I guess is just what it is. Not everybody's cup of tea - but it beats watching ab-tronics infomercials.

You can watch it too (at least part of it) by clicking these links:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

It's all in Norwegian. But: You get to see a lot of railway lines.

RE : What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

I'll start it off…

The Hangover - 9 out of 10:
Loved this movie, it was quite hilarious, and i'd highly recommend it to anyone who liked The wedding Crashers or Old School.

Rachel Getting Married - 2/10: This movie was incredibly boring in my opinion…it was so slow.

Obsessed - 5/10: The premise was alright, it just was a little to slow. Parts of it took forever to unfold. And it was to predictable in my opinion.

You know how sometimes you go see something even though you know it won't be good, and it isn't, but because you go as a family you have a blast anyway ... ?

This weekend we say the new Twilight movie New Moon.

... just sayin' ...

Back
Top Bottom