Original Sin - Update #6, Beating the System

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In this update for the Divinity:Original Sin Kickstarter, Swen Vincke shows us how he can solve a situation in different ways by manipulating the gameworld.

More information.

I think Swen is quickly replacing RG in notoriety in circles that celebrate the classic Ultimas (primarily IV-VII.5).

He has a lot of energy, passion and focus. His willingness to communicate so much of his day to day behind-the-scenes business dealings on his blog is, well, I've never seen that before with a game developer - at least not to the extent Swen does it.

After watching this video I have decided I will not watch any more of them. The game looks amazing but I don't want to know more than I already do. Looking very forward to this one.

Getting closer. Only 70k away.

less the 60K!
great update, just the things i like about RPG-exploitation!

I'm really looking forward to this game- I just wish more people would be paying it the attention it deserves. Hopefully now that Tides of Numenera has been funded, more people will look at this.
However, as I stated before, I still find the tiers a little lacking. What I would like to a digital copy + player guide/artwork for about $35-40. I don't need a second copy of the game, or a digital soundtrack. But given all the money I have spent on other KS projects I can't justify pledging more than the minimum I need to get the game, given their reward structure. I have no interest in Dragon Commander, so that is no incentive to me either. I wish they'd allow your to tailor your pledge, selecting the bits you really wanted.

PS Is it Swen or Sven? I have seen both spellings on the web for this guy - perhaps he 'anglicized' it for the language impaired ;-) ? I have known perhaps a dozen Sven's over the years - I have never seen it spelled "Swen".

This is the kinda thing I love to see! Bring on the sandbox!

I'd say I can't believe 70,000 pledged for Torment and Eternity each but only 7000 for DOS so far, but then I remember Fallout3 was an FPS.

Enjoy "what you want", fools!

This is the kinda thing I love to see! Bring on the sandbox!

I'd say I can't believe 70,000 pledged for Torment and Eternity each but only 7000 for DOS so far, but then I remember Fallout3 was an FPS.

Enjoy "what you want", fools!

Err, what does Fallout 3 have to do with the issue???

I think there are several reasons why OS is less popular than e.g. Torment and Eternity. E.g. it will be released anyway (less incentive to support than something that will not exist unless funded), more illustrious "ancestry" (Divinity versus PS:T or "all infinity engine games, just better!"), name recognition (Fargo, Avellone vs. Vinke), timing (two high profile campaigns already running, easter weekend), etc., etc.
Also those two are the top funded RPGs to date, they are rather the exeption than the norm. I think DOS is doing reasonably well - they haven't had a huge startup surge, because they kind of blew the start of the campaign, but they have had a solid 20k / day since.

PS Is it Swen or Sven? I have seen both spellings on the web for this guy - perhaps he 'anglicized' it for the language impaired ;-) ? I have known perhaps a dozen Sven's over the years - I have never seen it spelled "Swen".
It is Swen. I'm sure the usage of Sven is due to misspellings.

We can always do an RPGWatch fundraiser to create a RPGWatch tower in the game. That will add a bit more money for them :)

Last edited:
We can always do an RPGWatch fundraiser to create a RPGWatch tower in the game. That will add a bit more money for them :)

I would participate with $ for something like that.

Back
Top Bottom