Avernum 5 - PC Version Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Spiderweb has released the PC version of Avernum V. The game received considerable praise from the Mac community so head over and grab the demo. Here's a feature list as a reminder:
The latest game in the award-winning Avernum series. Travel into the strange underworld of Avernum, a land full of misfits, bandits, and barely civilized monsters. Hunt the villain who tried to kill your Empress, and keep him from assassinating you first.
As you wander the gigantic world of Avernum, you will experience:
* An enormous world. Hundreds of quests, dozens of dungeons and enemy fortresses, and multitudes of characters.
* Epic storyline. Hunt the assassin Dorikas, while his agents try to trick and waylay you at every turn.
* Many unique encounters. Not just mindless hack and slash. Many unusual enemies that will require clever tactics to defeat.
* Rich game system with over 50 spells and battle disciplines, many character building options, and powerful secret skills to unlock.
* Unique game world. Not just the same old elves and hobbits.
* Experience with previous Avernum games is completely unnecessary to enjoy Avernum 5.
More information.

I've already ordered mine... ;)

I really enjoyed A4... and what I've read about this new one sounds promising. I would say that this would be the game I play after I finish my current run through of TOEE... but I've already promised myself I would play Geneforge (I've never played any of the Geneforge games).

Good stuff!

I know I took some knocks for not being overly original in my A5 vs. A4 reviews, but I truly love this one - runs and looks great on Mac & PC and is loads of fun!

Back
Top Bottom