Drakensang: TRoT - New Trailer

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
dtp released a short trailer with voice acting outtakes from Drakensang: The River of Time. It's in German, and the humor is ... special. Apart from that music and rhythm certainly make it one of the more original trailers out there.

You can watch the video in HD at YouTube.
More information.

German, that sounded more like Mumblish! :p

Thats because most of it was!

So um...why not spend some time and make that game english already...taking waaaay to long.

They got lazy. ;)

I really tried to like the original Drakensang. But I found its quests confusing, and overall just too slow.

Also, it's nice to find some interesting loot once in a while. There was a severe lack of decent stuff to find in the original.

My biggest problems with the original were the time it took to gather and that every single thing, even the bloody rats bull rush the mage.

Still looking forward to this, anyone have an idea when this gets translated last details I saw was early 2010?

English release please.

I really tried to like the original Drakensang. But I found its quests confusing, and overall just too slow.

Also, it's nice to find some interesting loot once in a while. There was a severe lack of decent stuff to find in the original.

I did too, at first. I put it away, then pulled it back out about 3 months later, and loved it to death.

My biggest problems with the original were the time it took to gather and that every single thing, even the bloody rats bull rush the mage.

What mage? I loaded all my people down with armor and weapons and developed their skills accordingly. Worked fine! In fact, the game was much too easy once I learned what worked and what didn't, which is one of my complaints with it. The whole "wounds->automatic fatality" system was very easy to exploit using skills that 100% always produce wounds.

Overall that's one of the better RPGs in recent years in my opinion. Which isn't saying much considering my low estimation of modern CRPGs but whatever. They did a lot of stuff right. If they lengthened the main storyline and made the gameplay less linear and more sandbox-y I'd be very happy with it.

Oh… the starting area which they released as the demo was terrible. I think I gave up on the game two or three times before I made it past that point out of sheer boredom. I'm glad I stuck it out because the game was much better after that.

If you're only loot-interested, then you might hate Drakensang 2.

In Drakensang 2, there is even less "interesting loot". The hero has permanently money problems - not great, but noticeable - so selling the loot is most one can do.

For example, magical items are very, very rare within the loot, and weapons ... well, they occur, depending on the enemy.

This game is more traditional in some respects. Drakensang 2 even more than Drakensang 1.

But to many people just in this style was most of the fun. Aventuria definitively is *not* Forgotten Realms !

I prefer games like that, where the character is what matters, not the items. Sure, I want to see a better weapon/armor here and there, but definitely far away from Diablo style.

Don't get me wrong. I dislike Diablo style loot-fests.

But the stuff you find in Drakensang is just plain uninteresting. I don't want to find magic stuff every other minute. But have some interesting items at least.

Just finding basic weapons was a challenge in Drakensang. I recall I got lucky and found a heavy crossbow in the first town area after the starting areas. Changed the game for a while! It's fine by me for designers to have desirable but ordinary items being the high-end loot, as long as they balance it right. balance is always the key. It's kind of depressing to be constantly vendoring the "high end" items of 20 minutes ago, just becuase you found something .3% better.

Back
Top Bottom