GOP Corruption and Obstruction

I heard* the RNC guy was really upset with his meal and yelled at the waiter in that club,
"Hey, man. This steak tastes like leather!"
To which, of course, the waiter replied:
"Sir, everything here tastes like leather.
:p

(*courtesy of the evil Keith Olbermann)

I've never really understood the attraction of that sort of thing (seems like taking an Ethiopian to a buffet without letting him eat), but like you I'm not going to judge. I'm just stunned that whoever did decide to go there thought he'd get away with turning it in on his expense report. That tells me that either that guy is a total dipshit, or this sort of "entertainment" quietly goes on all the time and this is just the only time it's been flagged and publicized. As you say, the thumpers can't be pleased. Steele has been under siege anyway, so I wonder if this plus the private jet idiocy will be enough to topple him. Don't think I'd miss him much.

I have heard that prostitutes love party conventions; business is way better than normal. (Also, that Dems tip better than Republicans.)

You mean after 'the act' from some of those big, fat, over-indulged politicians, the pro can say- "Thanks for the Tip"!! :)

http://dailycaller.com/2010/04/02/dem-now-downplaying-tea-party-spitting-allegation/

We got absolutely crucified over the horrible racist Tea Party folks. Suddenly, the guy that reported getting spit upon is saying it never happened. Hmmm, think that flip-flop will get even a tenth of the media play that the event, which apparently never happened, received? I wouldn't count on it. It would really spoil the character assassination job the media has been trying to do to those folks.

So, let's check the scorecard. Barney Frank got called bad names by some jackass. Representative Cleaver (and remember, we supposedly hold members of congress to a higher standard, right?) either lied then or is lying now. Which one gets coverage again?

That article has some very sneaky wordcrafting. Note that nowhere does Cleaver say he wasn't spit on. Seems like trying to deny/rewrite history...

Did he report the incident, or did he not? Either way, one of his stories is false.

I think you'd believe in the Easter Bunny if he voted democrat.

Interesting how two people can look at the same video and see two different things.
Here's a little present for all the people on the east coast from Dr. No:
http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2010/04/02/coburn-flood-insurance/
According to the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America, there are 5.5 million flood insurance policy holders in flood plains, and as of this week, homeowners were rendered unable to renew their policies. If any of those homeowners were victims of the current flooding, they will “face complications” filing claims. As Blain Rethmeier, spokesman for the American Insurance Association, put it, “it’s unfortunate that the NFIP has fallen victim to the political process”:
More proof that it's all about money/soundbytes for the repubs and never about people.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_tea_party_blacks

They've been called Oreos, traitors and Uncle Toms, and are used to having to defend their values. Now black conservatives are really taking heat for their involvement in the mostly white tea party movement — and for having the audacity to oppose the policies of the nation's first black president.
So, remind me where the racists are again?

Here's some reporting on a video used by ultra-conservative Andrew Breitbart to dispute Rep Lewis's and other black Congressmen's words about what happened at the mob scene before the Healthcare vote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100413...MDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA3dyb25ndmlkZW9vZg—
What does the video show? Not much. Indeed, new interviews show that a much-viewed YouTube recording cited as evidence by conservatives was actually shot well after the time in question….
I like this one, too:
"It didn't happen," said Breitbart, who wasn't there…

It's time people realized that however valid the movement is, it's only as valid as the loudest spokesman. It plainly attracts a whacko fringe; the conspiracy-theory believers, the birthers, the whole anti-Obama, anti-government element whose members overqualify for the classic euphemism: "low information voters." It's going to be tarred with the same brush as the crazies as long as it allows them to be such a dominant voice. I think the repubs ally with these people at their own electoral peril.

In case you're wondering, these are the people I'm talking about:
slide_1398_20072_large.jpg

slide_1398_20093_large.jpg

slide_1398_20075_large.jpg

http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...&sigr=11jcer5cd&sigi=11kob7h62&sigb=13gmnbv4l

http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...&sigr=11jh4ttmi&sigi=11kib4e3o&sigb=13gno21t4

http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...&sigr=11lau1lfr&sigi=11mg07t0n&sigb=13gjb5m5h

I don't hear many "end of civilization" claims when the above loons are in town, so why are we so scared of the loons under the tea party banner? The entire left doesn't get broad-brushed with PETA loons, so how is it right to broad-brush the entire right with some fringe righties?

Because the load mouthed tea party loonies get the attention. Just like the Fox News crazies. They are creating their own media extravaganza… It's all sensationalism that sells… The journalism like Ruppert Murdock's tabloid press. And the National Enquirer gets nominated for a pulitzer!!! Disgraceful… The demise of good news is hopefully not gone past the point of no return.

Last edited:
@dte—what, you had to go to Europe to get pics of crazy lefties? C'mon man, that's cheating. ;)

The tea party people are sucking all the oxygen out of the room for you righties—that was my point, not that all of you are ranting and foaming at the mouth whackos. I'm not calling out the entire right for the actions of a few wingnuts—if I did that I'd have to give up all my other hobbies. I know you like to play the devil's advocate, so I'm not going to belabor the issue. I just think this is not the wagon to hitch your political star onto, that's all.

I don't hear many "end of civilization" claims when the above loons are in town, so why are we so scared of the loons under the tea party banner?

That's an odd twisting. The rightie kooks are claiming the HCR will be the end of America and armageddon for God's chosen country (which just might please the end of timers in the deep south). Whereas nobody has been shouting on MSNBC (the only balance to Faux News) that fur coats will kill the US and take your firstborn to hell ...

Biased source. Never happened.

@dte—what, you had to go to Europe to get pics of crazy lefties? C'mon man, that's cheating. ;)
Guilty as charged, and I did notice 2 of them definitely being European. Being at work, I was a bit limited on time and site selection, so I went quick and dirty. If it would make you feel better, I can do a more complete smear job here at home. How about a portrait of Cindy Sheehan as a starting point? I would do Jesse and Al, but that wouldn't even be a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom