Pricewatch!

I've never bought it… I remember ppl saying it's great, but… For whatever reason I never wanted to buy it. That's a game with generated quests and without a scripted mainquest/story/end, right?

More or less yes. It is a sandbox game series with some rather basic quests. But the questing is not the main draw of the game series, rather most of the fun comes from seeing you grow in power, from a lowly commoner with a few soldiers at your command, to the lord of the land, having a huge army at your command and plenty of cities that you rule over.

Then it's true, it's definetly not a game for me. :(

You want to be told what to do? You can't carve your path :p

I have played Mount and Blade Warband and it is the most unique game that I played. It is not a matter of scripting; the world is alive and you are not the centre of the big world, but you can if you want to. You have the choice to be trader, a soldier, a king working with kingdoms or on your own. You can have up to seven companions, in addition to as many soldiers that you can upgrade and maintain over time. There are complete economic, social and warfare systems in play in this game.

Character (companion) customisation and skill setting is excellent.

The game has an end, how to reach it is up to you how to end it and over how long.

The combat: melee, ranged and mounted is second to none.

Few keywords for this game: freedom, choices, consequences, battles, combat, friendship, treachery, marriage, honour

Have not seen this game been topped in what it does. Can't wait for Bannerlord.

Sounds perhaps a little grindy?
Yup and…

You want to be told what to do?
I want a scripted story not Cluedo, Pictionary or what's the name of that game where you combine letters into words?

Besides, the world/game you're describing, looks too much as Sims with some combat added.
Although in Sims you can't marry a horse. If in M&B you can, I'll buy it. So? Can you carve your path as whichever roman emperor did that?

I want a scripted story not Cluedo, Pictionary or what's the name of that game where you combine letters into words?

In this game you make your own story, which means that this game is not for you.

Besides, the world/game you're describing, looks too much as Sims with some combat added.

Combat is one of the main strengths of this game. Controlling and fighting within armies in real time over different types of terrians and seiges is magnificent. Weapons and armour have statistics and weight to them. And you use the spoils of a battle to survive, become stronger and train and improve your army.

Although in Sims you can't marry a horse. If in M&B you can, I'll buy it.
:brood:

Can you carve your path as whichever roman emperor did that?

You can carve your path in the game through any means you like. If you conquer all the land, the game ends.

I've always thought that people who need a story to enjoy a game are completely missing the point, but to each his own. I've not played it since it was released, but even during the beta testing it had some of the best medieval combat around. I really should set aside some time to see what's changed since then.

You can carve your path in the game through any means you like. If you conquer all the land, the game ends.
As I've said, if I can marry a horse, okay, if I can marry anything, I'll buy it.
I want that path.

You could always try the demo to make sure.

I like a lot about the Mount & Blade series, but I do find it a bit too grindy (then again, I have a very low tolerance for grind).
Do note that the games are incredibly modable, and have an active modding community.
The combat system is by the way great. I've not played any other game that made mounted combat this fun.

what drove me away from trying this game was actually the combat. I just don't do real time combat, not an option.

3 games for 49€ at Expert Bening. This time including Skyrim and Diablo 3!

Media Markt offers Bioshock Infinite for 29€.

YThere are complete economic, social and warfare systems in play in this game.
Not much to complain about regarding the social and warfare systems but for the economics… That's what refrained me from playing the game longer. It's tempting to rely on trading goods to make some money early on but I found it so disappointing very quickly. inability to compare the market prices was (if I can remember well) my main complain. On the other hand the "questing" system appeared as very rewarding because it's really well implemented. It feels very natural when you intercept a war band holding a person prisoner and you find out he's bound to a bounty you can claim for your own after freeing him. Overall I still would call this game a great one and recommend it as probably the only one able to render a combat system truly. I would love to see that implemented in games like Skyrim and the next E.S. titles.

You couldn't be more wrong to think so ! Why don't you try the demo ? I'm sure you'll end with a totally different idea about this game. It's really a completely different feel than any other game you have already played. This game is a must have on any serious gaming shelf. Plus at this price tag you won't take any risks.

You couldn't be more wrong to think so ! Why don't you try the demo ? I'm sure you'll end with a totally different idea about this game. It's really a completely different feel than any other game you have already played. This game is a must have on any serious gaming shelf. Plus at this price tag you won't take any risks.

Yes Joxer, and go with Warband and don't bother with the original.

Joxer, you can also buy horses (and then mod the game to satisfy your fantasies of marrying horses:lol:).

Although we all have those games, a nice gift opportunity on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/17798/?snr=1_4_4__43

The bundle contains Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity and Divinity 2 (dev. cut) and costs only 10.2€

—-

On GamersGate HoMM6 editions are on sale:
Deluxe 12€: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MMH6DE/might-and-magic-heroes-vi-deluxe-edition
Gold 20€: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MMH6GE/might-and-magic-heroes-vi-gold-edition

Gold includes two DLC and an exclusive map, since I don't have them both but only Pirates one, I can't really say is it worth paying 8€ more than deluxe.

Just picked up Icewind Dale 2 so I can jump right into it after I finish the first one….and thanks to the D&D sale, it cost me a grand total of 3.09!!! Gogo GOG games ftw!!

-Carn

Back
Top Bottom