Skyrim - v1.6 Hits X360

Strange. I play on the PC and still have 1.5. Doesn't the PC usually get patched before the consoles?

You can get the beta of the 1.6 patch on Steam if you activate Skyrim Beta participation in your account settings in the Steam client.

Haven't tried it out yet - downloading now.

Mounted Combat? Awesome! Now I don't have to stop or runaway from tigers anymore - I'll get the dog to pick up the pelt behind me.

Mounted Combat? Awesome! Now I don't have to stop or runaway from tigers anymore - I'll get the dog to pick up the pelt behind me.
I was riding around yesterday shooting my bow at things - it's pretty fun.

So there is a dog you can get that fetches loot for you? Is that a mod or part of the regular game?

That would be perfect because right now it's a pain to dismount just to get loot.

you an get your companions to pick them up I hear tell. I don't think the dog will do it but I'm sure he can be modded easily enough. Getting it back from him might be a problem though, just like with real dogs. Though I wonder if that dog of Clavicus Vile can be induced to do it.

I have the XBox version so I can't mod it.

Sorry for being a bit off topic, but hoping for a quick answer:

I installed the beta patch (PC) under Steam, and my game is now stuttering a lot :-/ If I withdraw from the beta program, will that roll back to 1.5? And will I be able to load games I saved under 1.6 - I haven't used any new features...

If you leave the beta it should rollback once Steam restart (it will actually redownload 1.5).

Not sure about the save though.

If you leave the beta it should rollback once Steam restart (it will actually redownload 1.5).

Not sure about the save though.

Thanks - I think I'll keep at it for now...doesn't seem to happen unless I transition a lot. I'd rather not risk losing my progress. Hopefully the full 1.6 release will happen soon and fix any lingering issues.

The beta period is over for PC users.

We are all on 1.6 now, unless you set up your install to not automatically download updates.

I'm having a hard time resisting the siren call of Skyirm, and you guys aren't helping :D I've already donated 600+ hours to Skyrim and my life isn't getting any longer!

I'm having a hard time resisting the siren call of Skyirm, and you guys aren't helping :D I've already donated 600+ hours to Skyrim and my life isn't getting any longer!

Come play with us, come!

Come play with us, come!

is the multiplayer mod working?

--

on a side note, I have a goal of becoming The Avatar in the game. I'm trying to become 100 skill in everything,

Played an hour with the new patch yesterday ( I am 20 hours into my first playthrough). The mounted combat, while certainly not perfect, really is a nice addition. Meeting critters on horseback was always awkard, as they just ate your horses bum all the time, or you had to unmount clumsily. Now you can dispatch them from horseback.

Last edited:
Yeah it is a nice little improvement. I know Bethesda screws up in a lot of ways, but they do at least seem to be learning and trying to do things better. Their commitment to beta test all future DLC is a nice one too; especially considering I just received my Dawnguard beta access code! Glad my roommate bought the 360 version afterall, despite it meaning the living room has pretty much been unavailible for watching anything but him playing skyrim for a solid two months.

Their commitment to beta test all future DLC is a nice one too; especially considering I just received my Dawnguard beta access code! Glad my roommate bought the 360 version afterall, despite it meaning the living room has pretty much been unavailible for watching anything but him playing skyrim for a solid two months.

Wow, congrats, I'm so "jelly"!

Have fun, find some bugs and don't spoil anything major for us inferior PC gamers who must wait for another month to play.

Wow, congrats, I'm so "jelly"!

Have fun, find some bugs and don't spoil anything major for us inferior PC gamers who must wait for another month to play.

Haha I prefer the PC version. I basically ended up getting it for my roommate for free since he had the xbox version but didn't want to be bothered with signing up for the beta. And yes - I'll be hard at work finding bugs so you don't have to.

the horse combat is pretty good if you consider its more difficult and the tactics are different than melee. You can't cast spells or use bows.

You can't stand and fight either. Turning doesn't allow the horse to turn the way you would in melee.

Also, you can't use your shield, which is fine, because suddenly your left trigger is useful instead for combat. At first I kept trying to attack the enemy on the right but then I found I can attack on both sides. I haven't tried dual wield.

Only other drawback, other than you need to keep moving, are the horses have pretty low hit points. I passed on Frost because I would have had to resort to blackmail to acquire him and that's just not me, so I don't know if his new armor is actually useful or just for show.

I'm not sure if the physics accounts for the extra velocity or acceleration of the horse when you hit either. It real life, that kind of movement should increase your damage exponentially.

Back
Top Bottom