A Farewell to Dragons - To be Released Tomorrow

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We used to have this game in our database as Not the Time for Dragons but it went of the radar. Leth informed us that this steampunk party based RPG is going to be released tomorrow. There is however little we know about it at this time as all the news we have is about screens.
More information.

Thanks for the link ... I had assumed this was dead ...

Leth informed us that this steampunk party based RPG is going to be released tomorrow.
It's an action/RPG like DS... too bad. :/

Thanks for the link … I had assumed this was dead …
Yeah I thought so too, needless to say I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it on GG at like 2:30am this morning since I couldn't sleep... It didn't help with the situation.. :)

I did some digging and found out very little about the game. However, I did manage to scrape together a few forum posts and a very old preview of of it when it was title 'Not a Time for Dragons'.

Forums:
Computer Games: http://forum.computergames.ro/11-rpg…l-dragons.html

1c Forums: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2385 (There's a link to an old interview in russian in that post, but it's broken.)

Old Preview:
11/26/2007 Hooked Gamers: http://www.hookedgamers.com/pc/not_t…ticle-309.html

Why say farewell to the dragons, when their age is just approaching...

or: pretty bad timing to release this

If the game has a good story and well developed action \ RPG gamepy it looks quite ok to be a nice surprise…
Anyone familiar with the rusian version yet? It should be released some time ago..

It was released in Russia 2 years ago according to our database.

It's like this game never existed. I searched and translated about 5 or 6 Russian sites to get a review of this game and there is nothing. The best I could find was some kind of walkthrough and some very general overviews of it.

1C could use some of EA's marketing power here :)

We used to have listed in our database that 505games was the publisher in Europe, but that must have gone wrong somewhere (or that info was incorrect). But something must have happened to have a release of the game in English 2 years after the Russian release.
There is a russian site for the game (http://nvdd.ru/)

I still have some issues with STEAM, however I do think and hope it helps many of these small Independent developers, get their games out, especially in this world wide crap economy.

From what it looks like from the first translated review posted here that it is supposed to be like combining Dungeon Siege with Arcanum. If I can understand it correctly there are choices when in conversation which sounds like there is multiple ways through conversations. It is really hard to understand so I'm not sure.

Thanks Mythros for that link. It looks interesting (I especially liked the part on rats ;)) Individually they are nothing, but get near a rat's nest and your in trouble.

It looks interesting and anything steampunk is a definite plus, imo. Not sure if I'll get it. I'll need to read more about it, but it definitely went in my 'wait and see' list.

I got this game and it isn't like dungeon siege at all more like Neverwinter Nights. The combat is real time w/ pause with a tactical view similar to an rts. There are 6 stats with resistances, perks, and various skills. The skills include chemistry, firearms, and mechanical armor type skills along with the fantasy rpg type skills. Since I have just started playing I haven't gotten very far but it begins a little differently then other rpgs. (your character is from our world)

PS. Not all enemies immediately attack you and you have a good chance to miss when you attack. (at the beginning at least)

PPS. I will post updates on the game system as I get further.

PPPS. Other then it being a real time with pause system it feels like Arcanum so far. (I never played in the real time system in Arcanum so can't say how it compares to that)

Back
Top Bottom