Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Screenshot

Well, "underwhelming" and "not my taste" is my first reaction. Hopefully the rest of the screenshots will be better. I really don't like the blue texture and the shiny gold.

Blue and gold is not my taste aswell.
But the original colour scheme wasnt that great either.

No matter iam still looking forward to replay BG 1 and 2

Ah, the Gnoll stronghold. Good times, good times...

For whatever reason I'm not thrilled by the "remake".
Never played that game for colors and looks, but for the story and subquests. I still remember things like Koveras ring and how in fact BG had something I couldn't find in better looking games like NWN - BG had a soul.
All I see here is an attempt to milk smartphone owners. Since I don't have one, I probably won't buy the remake at all.

Funny to see PC elitists whining because iPAD owners will get a quality RPG. "Milking" is one way of seeing it i guess, personally i can't wait to get a portable version of BG. Don't care the least for the EE PC version though.

not looking good Imo. Maybe I played too much Inquisitor but the artstyle is turning me off

I feel the exact opposite.. I dislike how pale and empty Inquistor looks compared to BG, there's like no clutter at all. I'm guessing it was something that was planned to be added in at last (usually putting the details into the game world i something you do last) but it didnt make it.

Looks great to me. I don't see how this will tarnish the memories of the original as so many seem to be worried about.

On a side note,why is it when some one prefers pc over other platforms they are a pc elitist but someone that prefers consoles is not a console elitist, iPad preference doesn't make you an iPad elitist. If you like ford over Chevy are you a ford elitist or how about pizza over just about anything else? Am I a pizza elitist? Oh well, seems to be the most misused and over used term on gaming forums.

BTW, I will buy the pc version and the Iran version for my iPad. What does that make me? A pc elitist? iPad elitist? An ipc elitist or just a console hater? Just curious?

Will probably buy it but not play it.

sakichop, I believe by PC elitist he ment all of us who enjoyed elite on PC 20+ years ago. ;)

Can't say I'm blown away by the UI they showed, but I'm not sure what I expected. I will say that the dialogue box not being able to show two full lines of text is rather annoying. I hope they fix that.

BTW, I will buy the pc version and the Iran version for my iPad. What does that make me? A pc elitist? iPad elitist? An ipc elitist or just a console hater? Just curious?
You're going to pay $40 for two "enhanced" versions of a 15 year old game? It makes you ripped off.

Looks "enhanced".

To me, too.

I don't see much of a difference, actually.

The "blue" looks rather like blue slate instead of the rather brownish (looking) slate they used in the original version.

Pfffft, PC version, it should have been enjoyed on the Amiga 3 years earlier :p
Nope. The best versions were on the C64 and the BBC, although some people prefer the Archimedes version. ;)
When will we have Elite 4… :(

Back
Top Bottom