Dungeon Lords - Expansion and Sequel on the way ... REALLY!

txa1265

SasqWatch
From the 'I can't make this stuff up' department comes an announcement from JoWood regarding the future of the poorly received Dungeon Lords:
JoWood Productions announced today that it will release Dungeon Lords: Expansion (working title) for Windows in Q3, 2008. At the same time, the company announced the development of Dungeon Lords 2 (working title) for a next-gen console platform and the Windows platform for home personal computers.

Not requiring the base game, the Expansion Pack is a complete stand-alone game and will contain an all new story which acts as a link between the original game and the Sequel. The Sequel will deliver an all new graphics and physics engine, a new epic quest and all new art.

Released in May, 2005 for Windows, Dungeon Lords has been well-received commercially, selling in excess of 1 million copies worldwide in a variety of formats.
Head here to see the whole thing.
More information.

I'll be one of the first to chime in here... and most likely very much in the minority (but that's okay).

I'm excited to hear this news. I loved DL... the "collector's" edition was an extremely fun action RPG with really good character development and combat. I've played it several times, which is more than I can say for most CRPGs that I play.

So, I look forward to the expansion and the sequel.

Okay... I've got my flame retardant suit on... go ahead and give it to me ;)

Never even seen it playing so I can't laugh and point - sorry.

Yeah they should also release lionheart II and Daikatana 2.
No comments what kind of sick head made this happen...

I can understand the sequel, but an expansion pack for a game that will be three years old by the time it comes out? How many people do they think are going to buy this?

Gotta wonder how that game sold 1 mil.
If DL had sold 1M at retail they would have said so. "In a variety of formats" could mean everything added up: retail (full price), retail (budget), downloads, cellphone game and especially covermounts.

I know that I will buy it and be playing it ... and probably write thousands of words about it. I liked the original more than seems justifiable ... oh, well. :)

No f***ing way!! :biggrin:

Now I have a deadline. *begins making elaborate plans to finish TW, E:B1, The Witcher and SoulStorm all before Q3 2008. suddenly remembers the nature of release dates and heaves a big sigh of relief that he'll have plenty of time and won't really have to risk divorce to get it all done*

Sorry for not reading the release, but is good old DWB involved?

Well, the first DL sure wasn't shy to use DWB 'brand' heavily so I guess he has moved on...

Never played the first one and can only recall something about no furniture in houses and original buyers didn't get a CE content patch.

Damn Lies! :)

Released in May, 2005 for Windows, Dungeon Lords has been well-received commercially, selling in excess of 1 million copies worldwide in a variety of formats.
WOW how many did DW Bradley buy himself??

It is not first of April today! THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE! PUHAHAHAHA........ expansion and sequal......................... completely unreal... maybe if I start making unfinished chairs they'll also sell a million?

Thanks for the laugh!

... if they get the remaining bugs patched with it ...

Could it get any worse? If the demo is good and it gets good reviews then maybe.

If it's made by JoWood it's a reason not to buy the game. Maybe when it's sold as budget and all patches are definitely released, so the game is in a condition that is near to playable ;)

There have been too much bad news about JoWood in the last time that I would support this publisher to make profit. In my opinion they don't deserve it. I don't agree with EA's market policy but EA is imho more honest towards the gamers than JoWood.

I kinda liked the demo.
It was pretty rough and unfinished, granted, and many people got stung by that on the full version. Now that the game is finally finished, maybe if people who loathed it so thoroughly at first (and with good reason, getting burned on a new release stings) can patch it up and try again.

I seriously do think in time Dungeon Lords will redeem itself and become a cult classic, it's just a popular target at the present time.

With Dreamcatcher and JoWood two notorious companies has looked for and found each other. I laughed alot, as i was aware about this "marriage". The upcoming "child" named DungeonLords2 will have best of both worlds - the strength of the mother, the beauty of the father. And the intelligence from the family dog...

Back
Top Bottom