Armored Princess - Official Site Launched

Dhruin

SasqWatch
1C sent us a press release announcing www.kings-bounty.com/eng/ has been updated for Armored Princess. Screens, wallpaper, a video, features and a FAQ are all on offer. Here's a snip from the accompanying PR:
King's Bounty: Armored Princess is a sequel to the critically acclaimed King's Bounty: The Legend. Players will take on the role of Princess Amelie who travels around the world of Teana and searches for the renowned knight, and her mentor, Bill Gilbert. This new world of King's Bounty: Armored Princess is full of mysteries and dangers. The new character, the Princess, will encounter horrible creatures, huge monstrous bosses and a new race, the bloodthirsty Lizards. As in the multi-award winning first game, the player has many options to resist these new enemies. Various new skills and characteristics of Amelie as well as her chance to fly will help her overcome the hordes attacking the kingdom. The Princess is also accompanied by a Pet Dragon, at the very beginning small and amusing, but its abilities develop steadily until it becomes an incredible ally. He will do his best to protect the Princess during the battles, starting with easy blows and treasure hunting and finishing with battle rage and volcano summoning.
Thanks also to Leth for a similar submission.
More information.

I won't lie, but I was more disappointed after seen the Dragon page. I defiinitely prefer the Spirits of Rage.

But the slight disappointment was balanced out by the new (to me) school of magic (Order). Also the nice and big map looks pretty nice too.

I'm sorry to be brain-dead, but do we have a release date for this?

I thought it was meant to be similar release date to the original which was late Sep. Mind you that was mentioned months upon months ago.

I better hurry up and finish my 9th and final game of KB:TL quick smart.

I won't lie, but I was more disappointed after seen the Dragon page. I defiinitely prefer the Spirits of Rage.
I played a bit of the Russian demo and the Dragon isnt that bad. He has some skills that do huge damage. I cant tell you what they were as, well, I cant read Russian.

I played a bit of the Russian demo and the Dragon isnt that bad. He has some skills that do huge damage. I cant tell you what they were as, well, I cant read Russian.

I played the Russian demo in 90% English with a patch that someone at the official forums provided. I wasn't too impressed though. I personally don't care for the dragon, as well as the new units I saw. I'm sure my opinion could change though, after all, it was just a demo. :)

I won't lie, but I was more disappointed after seen the Dragon page. I defiinitely prefer the Spirits of Rage..

I thought this would have been obvious/clear from the beginning. The "pet" of Amelie is known for several months now.

By the way, why have they only these insanely huge wallpaper sizes ? Have the people demanding bigger and bigger resolutions finally won ?

I'm sorry to be brain-dead, but do we have a release date for this?

In my GamesCom snippets I wrote that the person explaining the game for me hoped for a simulaneous release for several languages in September.

In my GamesCom snippets I wrote that the person explaining the game for me hoped for a simulaneous release for several languages in September.

That would be a pleasant surprise indeed, but I'm still not seeing it on the "coming soon" lists at any major retailers over here.

I thought this would have been obvious/clear from the beginning. The "pet" of Amelie is known for several months now.
Oh yeah, I definite knew about it. Just that I was hoping the dragon would have more skills.

nope, knocked me out 20 minutes into every gaming session so I uninstalled it. Wanted to keep at it, I liked what i saw, it seems like a great game, but I just cant do turn-based. Each new one that comes out, like HOMMV, now KB i keep telling myself it will be different. Initially, i'm gripped but as time goes on it becomes - Their turn. My turn. their turn. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Now i'm eyeing DisciplesIII, i never learn.

nope, knocked me out 20 minutes into every gaming session so I uninstalled it. Wanted to keep at it, I liked what i saw, it seems like a great game, but I just cant do turn-based. Each new one that comes out, like HOMMV, now KB i keep telling myself it will be different. Initially, i'm gripped but as time goes on it becomes - Their turn. My turn. their turn. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz………...

.....Catnip?

nope, knocked me out 20 minutes into every gaming session so I uninstalled it. Wanted to keep at it, I liked what i saw, it seems like a great game, but I just cant do turn-based. Each new one that comes out, like HOMMV, now KB i keep telling myself it will be different. Initially, i'm gripped but as time goes on it becomes - Their turn. My turn. their turn. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz………..

Now i'm eyeing DisciplesIII, i never learn.

If you have ps3 you should try Valkyrie Chronicles. Its turn based but each unit moves in realtime during its turn.

… Or Drakensang … :rolleyes:

It's not, of course ;) , but it is turn-based, at least, but with its graphical representation being more or less real-time. ;)

Unless you use the pause-function, of course. ;)

I havent played drakensang but the system in VC is truly unique. I dont think I have ever seen it in any other game. It plays TB like chess except every unit moves in realtime (you are in control) on its turn (you choose which units to move) with a certain timelimit. It works superb and is very addicting. This video shows how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEMOiceXxYY&feature=related

Well, honestly, I still prefer the old NLT version of turn-based combat.

This kind of fighting was often criticised by fans - especially by those (like me) who had rather hoped/expected for a kind of "NLT 2.0".

Back
Top Bottom