Dead State - Beta Patch #1 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Double Bear released the first patch for the new Dead State Beta, and posted a new update with more information on the kickstarter page.
Beta Patch #1 Released

Hi everyone! I hope you’ve been enjoying playing the Beta. We’re super grateful for all the feedback and bug reports that have been pouring in - you guys are totally awesome! You also did a fantastic job working together to identify potential causes of a couple major bugs, which helped us track them down and resolve them a lot quicker.

This first update addresses the biggest issues you guys reported, fixes various miscellaneous issues, tweaks balance, and extends a couple of features.
More information.

It is nice that they are still adding new features and not just fixing bugs. This game has a lot of promise but I doubt it will be the gem that it could be if they insist on releasing the game this year.

I checked out an early version and I was quickly turned off by the amateur-hour 3D graphics.

For some reason, I thought this would be sprite-based like Fallout. Did they change that along the way, or did I simply imagine it?

Well, the characters in dead state look a lot better than the ones in PoE so it is strange how you justify that……

If you imagine your opinion as objective fact, then perhaps you'd have a point.

PoE characters look pretty good at a distance, but they tend to blend into the environment which is another problem.

Dead State looked awful in pretty much every way.

I don't think the characters in Dead State look that bad. A little simplistic and too clean, but the game isn't finished yet and hopefully they'll improve.

If you imagine your opinion as objective fact, then perhaps you'd have a point.

PoE characters look pretty good at a distance, but they tend to blend into the environment which is another problem.

Dead State looked awful in pretty much every way.

Well everything is objective of course:

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 93
Well everything is objective of course:

To me, that looks like two subjectively picked screenshots meant to manipulate rather than speak the truth.

Not a surprise.

But even if you've picked just about the least favorable PoE screenshot, I happen to prefer those sprite-like models over the Dead State models.

Graphics seem fine by me. But then again i even play games like battle of wesnoth.
Gameplay seems my cup of tea i cant wait to play this one with a final version.

To me, that looks like two subjectively picked screenshots meant to manipulate rather than speak the truth.

Not a surprise.

But even if you've picked just about the least favorable PoE screenshot, I happen to prefer those sprite-like models over the Dead State models.

Well, I took the screenshot of what PoE looked like at the time I complained about the graphics, and I pretty much lost interest after seeing those, however if it has greatly improved after that, I might be interessed in the game agian.

Even if you happen to prefer those sprites, I don't think that you can claim that your complaining about Dead State is more justified than my complaining about PoE if you look at both the screens.

Well, I took the screenshot of what PoE looked like at the time I complained about the graphics, and I pretty much lost interest after seeing those, however if it has greatly improved after that, I might be interessed in the game agian.

Even if you happen to prefer those sprites, I don't think that you can claim that your complaining about Dead State is more justified than my complaining about PoE if you look at both the screens.

Of course I can claim it as I believe you bitch about graphics even when it's absurd, like your position on Skyrim graphics.

But, it's not like it's important that we agree. Obviously, you think you're justified as well, and that's fine with me.

I simply don't agree :)

I checked out an early version and I was quickly turned off by the amateur-hour 3D graphics.

For some reason, I thought this would be sprite-based like Fallout. Did they change that along the way, or did I simply imagine it?

No, as far as I can remember they announced right when they first announced this that they would cooperate with the Age of Decadence team, and that they would be sharing their tech - which is torque 3D game engine, with lots of custom stuff to make it RPG capable.

No, as far as I can remember they announced right when they first announced this that they would cooperate with the Age of Decadence team, and that they would be sharing their tech - which is torque 3D game engine, with lots of custom stuff to make it RPG capable.

Thanks.

I guess that makes sense then. It kinda looks like Age of Decadence.

For whatever reason, my mind remembers the first screenshots of the game a few years ago as isometric sprite based graphics. I guess my mind is playing tricks on me.

Thanks.

I guess that makes sense then. It kinda looks like Age of Decadence.

For whatever reason, my mind remembers the first screenshots of the game a few years ago as isometric sprite based graphics. I guess my mind is playing tricks on me.

DArt, perhaps you were thinking of one of the other Zombie cRPGs in development?

Project Zomboid looks to be Sprite-based...

I think there's a couple others I can't recall at the moment.

DArt, perhaps you were thinking of one of the other Zombie cRPGs in development?

Project Zomboid looks to be Sprite-based…

I think there's a couple others I can't recall at the moment.

Nope, it was definitely Dead State.

I've googled a few of the older shots, and it's clearly my mistake. Not that I ever looked too closely at them, but they're obviously 3D all the way. I don't know why I'd think otherwise.

Anyway, it's no big deal. Game did sound interesting, but it's never really been my thing.

The early art for dead state was unbelievably bad. It seemed to improve a lot though. It's definitely not great now, but like someone pointed out it's probably better than PoE.

Aside from some backgrounds that don't fit in the rest of the art style, PoE actually has some pretty bad art as well as some iffy design so I don't see why a lot of people are so into it.

I don't understand all of this whining about graphics. This is a very small indie studio. What do you expect? As long as the game mechanics are solid, then who cares?

Back
Top Bottom