Legend of Grimrock 2 - Rivers & Lapland

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Almost Human talks about rivers, hangovers. and laplands in a developer update I missed last month for Legend of Grimrock 2.

’ll have to apologize that this post will lack the focus that the previous ones have had but there’s a very good reason for it: I also lack focus today! I lost the focus yesterday when I was out for a couple of beers with other Finnish indie game developers (and had a great time as usual) but despite that, my current state of being is actually good for writing. Usually when I’m a little hung over I have pretty good flow, in more ways than one, so we thought why not exploit my misery to type one of these “what we’ve been up to recently” -posts.

So now that we have that disclaimer out of the way, let’s start from the big picture: Legend of Grimrock 2 is starting to really shape up. I mean now it actually has a shape instead of being scattered all around in little bits and pieces that don’t connect with each others in any meaningful way. Our first levels are in alpha and we are closing in fast towards the state where we have more or less the whole package and can switch to “iterate and polish” -mode. But we’re not quite there yet: we still have time to experiment with new features!

One of those new features we tried out is rivers. Of course they are not only for looks so that you can go for a refreshing dip in them if you want to. A nice byproduct that we got from it is that now it’s possible to create terrain where there are bigger differences in elevation so now we can add small canyons or ditches into the wilderness or add “verticality” to some dungeon rooms as well.
More information.

Last edited:
Couch that update was from Oct 30/13 there was no update this week.
I missed the update last month so it's the latest update for this site. Sorry if that bothers anyone. I'll change it to avoid any misunderstanding.:)

Well ,it was "new" for me too so thanks for posting :)

P.S I love the screenshots ;)

Back
Top Bottom