Pricewatch!

I pre-ordered [Dragon Commander] on GOG, because I'm at an higher tier on the kickstarter. ;)
You can get it through the Original Sin kickstarter too as an addon for $40, or for any digital tier at $95+ (or physical tier $150+ if I'm not mistaken) … and help push the kickstarter forward in the process.

Gamersgate got a few RPG deals.
D&D anthology for ~$7US (BG1&2 + expac, IWD1&2 + expac, Torment and ToEE).

NWN Complete for ~$10US (NWN 1 & 2 + all expac)

They also have the individual games on sales.

Just a warning about the GamersGate version of NWN Complete - It doesn't work on 64 bit OS. Also, you can't download any of the titles individually, you have to download the entire bundle at once.

I didn't have Wallace and Gromit, and Back to the future.Are they same quality as rest of Telltale games?

In a word ... no. Sam & Max are excellent, as are the Tales of Monkey Island games. Wallace & Gromit was OK, and I don't think I finished all the way through BttF because it started average and never got better.

After an amazing start reinvigorating the adventure genre TellTale was wallowing in mediocre-land until Walking Dead.

In a word … no. Sam & Max are excellent, as are the Tales of Monkey Island games. Wallace & Gromit was OK, and I don't think I finished all the way through BttF because it started average and never got better.

After an amazing start reinvigorating the adventure genre TellTale was wallowing in mediocre-land until Walking Dead.

Walking Dead is by the way is their best game to date, and one of the best adventure games on this side of Grim Fandango (heck, it probably is if you include the games on the other side as well). Hopefully Telltale will make more games along the line of The Walking Dead in the future, using the same general ideas, but possibly other IPs.

They imho should have put that power they put into Walking Dead into their earlier games, imho.
Such a wasted potential !

They imho should have put that power they put into Walking Dead into their earlier games, imho.
Such a wasted potential !

Well, I think that the Sam & Max games in particular (and also Monkey Island) were amazing, better than any other adventure games since the 'golden age' of the genre in the 90s.

It was after those games that they stumbled, but at the same time they learned how to push the engine and the narrative style that allowed them to land at Walking Dead ... so in many ways it was an evolution that HAD to include those other games, which were decent enough, just not great.

GoG's got Gothic 1-3 on sale. They've never done it for me, but they might for you.

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate with DLC and Awakenings is 75% off on Steam. Ridiculous price really. I had it on. Xbox without the extras, probably worth getting it on PC? I never finished it...

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate with DLC and Awakenings is 75% off on Steam. Ridiculous price really. I had it on. Xbox without the extras, probably worth getting it on PC? I never finished it…

DA:O is one of the few games where they made proper changes to the PC version, reflecting its unique strengths. It plays a bit more like the old Infinity Engine games, allowing you to zoom out further, to allow a better tactical overview, and it also have friendly fire from AoE spells on by default on Normal.

It's also quite mod'able. I would highly recommend a mod that lets you specify the skills of characters that get added to your party. It's rather tedious for some of the short-time companions but it lets you avoid the problem of having a companion you really like being left out of the party simply because s/he happens to have the same skills that your own character is developing.

P.S. DA:Origins and Awakening are also being sold for cheap if you just want one or the other.

Interesting. And the Origins do make starting a new game more fun. I had a lot of fun with it on the Xbox. I just have the attention span of a goldfish.
goldfish.gif

P.S. DA:Origins and Awakening are also being sold for cheap if you just want one or the other.

I did look for just Dragon Age: Origins on Steam just to see how that would be priced, but it just seems to be the same price as the Ultimate version.

Nice price! Tempting… But… A question… If I may…
Noendlessmobrespawn mod included as an ingame option?

Meanwhile on Steam an endlessmobrespawn nonRPG Brutal Legend is also $10 (ot 10€ depends where you live):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/225260/

It's unbelievably fun, contains enormous amount of humor and the music is absolutely awsome! If you'll buy it, do not go for the version with the soundtrack - you'll get just a few scores from the game in mp3 format - while ingame there are more than 100 songs!

Back
Top Bottom