The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tech Analysis Report

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Eurogamer is hosting a new Tech Analysis Report for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that was done by Digital Foundry. So if your curious about the games tech give it a read.

Ranking among the cream of the crop of PC developers working today, CD Projekt RED has shown a no-compromise approach to every project it's set its mind to. Case in point: the sublime Xbox 360 edition of The Witcher 2 didn't simply cut back the original PC code, but instead had code rewritten from scratch to push the console aesthetic in a new, arguably improved direction. But with The Witcher 3 being developed on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, can we once again expect an off-shoot of the PC experience, or something closer to parity? And indeed, how is the team looking to get the most out of PC development?
More information.

"At least for PC and Xbox [One], we're using DX11 terrain so everything's really highly tessellated,"

Oooooo! Lots of tasty buzzwords in that article!

P.S. I kept trying to scroll by moving my mouse to the top/bottom edge of the screen. It's probably time to take a break from D:OS!

I hope it does. :evilgrin:

Not that I hate PS4... It's just I don't want to see the PC version dumbed down in graphics like Watch Dogs was because "nextgen" can't compete with PC.

P.S. I kept trying to scroll by moving my mouse to the top/bottom edge of the screen. It's probably time to take a break from D:OS!

That's epic. It reminds me of the time I was little and tried to type C:\> DIR/W to find something i lost in my messy bedroom.

hmm, does that indicate the PS4 would have worse terrain ?
Not necessarily. DX11 is a PC/Xbox thing. It's quite possible that the PS4's graphics API (which is called GNM/GNMX) has an equivalent feature.

Back
Top Bottom