Lord of the Rings Online - Review @ CVG

Inauro

Watcher
Computer and Video Games scoops a world first review of Turbine's Lord of the Rings Online. Here's a snippet from the conclusion:
So, we come to the end of this review's sojourn in Middle-earth and we have to conclude that with looks that would make an Elven maiden blush, married with a compelling and authentic game world based on the single most popular fantasy universe of all time, LOTRO has all the qualities necessary to make it a big big success.
More information.

Welcome to the LotR Beta!

Install.

Protect the city! Kill 10 Goblins and bring their heads back to me.

Uninstall.

I see no reason to start playing LOTRO if you are currently playing WoW. Sure, it might be okay to do something different for a while, but it seems to me they are essentially very much alike. Unless there is something completely new about the way gameplay is handled, it's basically just a change of scenery.

LotRO is a very good game -- buy Midway stock now!

Just wandering around middle earth might be something...

There's nothing like running around a huge world filled with thousands of Legolas and Aragorn wannabe's to kill your years-long perception of what Middle-Earth would be like... I'll stay far, far away... (well okay... I stay far, far away from all MMOs) ;)

I swore I wouldn't buy an MMO and have found myself loving LOTRO. Of course, getting the founder's pricing helps make it easier;) The main reason I got though, is there were these guys I've know a long time and they played the closed beta and found it to be the most solo friendly MMO and I was in the market (I always am) to try something new and picked it up. Weird...playing an MMO solo. I just don't want to be forced to play with people. So far, the atmosphere is great, with HitnRun healers, or someone will hop in to help you kill something just for the heck of it.

I've never played WoW so I wouldn't know how it compares. Right now, I'm having fun :)

Psst...I can add some screens of my characters if you force me :D
Celeste

Back
Top Bottom