Arcania - Two New Screens

Wtf is that? It doesn't look like Gothic at all. It's all Risen for me now
What's wrong with it?
It seems to me much more Gothic than G3.

With all the talk about Risen, I had actually forgotten about Arcania. It would be a pleasant surprise if both games turned out to be good.

Looks good to me. That's the thing about Gothic games, it really looks and feels like a walk in a forest. I too hope both Arcania and Risen get made and they turn out to be great games. They both certainly have the requisite pedigree to get'r done.

Not a lot to be gained by looking at those screenshots, but at least we know they'll get the graphics right. Like JDR said - it would be great if both Risen and Arcania turned out to be good RPGs, and they both have a lot of potential.

You know after 3 games I'm getting a bit tired of blood flies lurkers and mine crawlers. Gothic fans sheesh!

For someone who has 'For Innos' as his signature, you don't have to say much on that topic.

What's wrong with it?
It seems to me much more Gothic than G3.

What's wrong with that? It doesn't look like any gothic game I ever saw. For me they made a whole other game and yes, I can see that from those pictures. It's more and more clear to me why they don't call it Gothic 4,but Arcania.

What's wrong with that? It doesn't look like any gothic game I ever saw
Did Gothic 3 look like a gothic game from the screens?
For me they made a whole other game and yes, I can see that from those pictures. It's more and more clear to me why they don't call it Gothic 4,but Arcania.
How can you tell that from just the screens?
The game will probably not be gothic but I can't really see anything non-Gothic in the screens.

I think you two essentially agree: There's nothing wrong with the current look.

Looks okay. A bit too bright. I think bartacus is overreacting.

And the reason for the name change is most likely marketing and not really due to the story/game. Come on.

For someone who has 'For Innos' as his signature, you don't have to say much on that topic.

Yes I'm a fan, it is my favorite series. However its time to get some new ideas in there, new creatures and concepts. I'm not terribly interested in another Gothic that has nothing to offer beyond the same creatures, same characters, same politics etc. I mean really, its been about 250 hours of fairly consistent gameplay across the 3 games including NoTR. NoTR was a fresh look at things and PB is running with the lost culture ruins thing with Risen which is great. I hope Gothic 4 brings some fresh stuff too. Put it this way, if there was a 4th region in Gothic 3 I think I would have burned out playing it.

Nothing wrong with fresh ideas, and personally I'm glad PB is doing Risen and a new team is doing G4. Two games, two fresh concepts. Works for me.

Isn't Arcania supposed to take place in the "Unknown Lands" West of Myrtana? I'm actually quite interested to see what it's going to be like.

Isn't Arcania supposed to take place in the "Unknown Lands" West of Myrtana? I'm actually quite interested to see what it's going to be like.
Nope Arcania is going to take place in the Southern Isles the place where that fortune teller from G2 was from.

Screenshots look good to me. I am playing G3 right now, so the look of that game is very fresh in my mind. I have no problems accepting these screenshots as Gothic.

Back
Top Bottom