Citizens of Earth - Preview Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I managed to roundup two previews of the recently launched kickstarter Citizens of Earth.

Slimgamer

The game promises a huge amount of non-linear exploration and a ton of characters to unlock, all in a fresh cartoon style – purposely poking fun at the modern Western world – have a look below. A lot of work and reason why Eden Industries started their Kickstarter campaign even though the game already exists. They have been working on it for a year. “While developing the game we realized that the amount of content, specifically art-assets, required to make the game was more than we were able to afford.’
Shacknews

It's clear that Earthbound is the biggest inspiration for the game, from its zany writing to its colorful cartoon graphics. However, even the combat takes a page from Nintendo's cult RPG series. At the start of every turn, you pick an action for each citizen. Battle commences once all your actions have been selected.
More information.

Yeah, I played the demo. Earthbound is a VERY clear inspiration. I played a little bit of Earthbound (on an emulator on my tablet) earlier this year and the style and gameplay and start of the game are very similar, I can only guess/hope that later down the line it comes into it's own.

For some reason it also made me think of DoubleFine's CostumeQuest.

Back
Top Bottom