Dreamfall Chapters:The longest journey kickstarter

Thanks for the heads up on this I missed it for past couple of days. Pretty impressed with how fast they reached the current milestone.

I'm also impressed how fast the upper tiers have filled in. 2 $10000 backers already and 27 at $1000 and even at all the tiers 100-1000 have quite a few backers. I'm not going to be in one of those tiers for this game but have no issues backing this one this early.

I'm sure Ragnar knows what he wants and has a vision to get there. I'm slightly confused if he still works for Funcom or not. I hope this shows that Funcom left some serious money on the table by focusing on MMOs when there was still demand for more of this series.

Edit: FYI, Ragnar posted on reddit earlier in the day with some responses to fan questions. Link here some spoilerish but he doesn't reveal much.

Last edited:
Hell, yeah! Thanks for the heads up.

TLJ must be the game series with the longest release cycle ever ... but I'm glad Chapters will finally get done. Dreamfall is my all-time favorite.

I'm not at home currently, but as soon as I get back I'm definetly going to pledge on this.

Whoever played first two "chapters" will agree - we need this game.

I've never played the earlier games, but the the setting does seem interesting after reading about them. I might have to grab them off GOG and give them a try.

In new update they said that Sarah Hamilton who voiced Aprill Ryan in both TLJ and Dreamfall is back on board.They avoided spoilers and didn't say who is she acting so we don't know is Aprill still alive or she is acting someone else.

Did they say anything about Zoe's voice actress yet? That was a perfect fit.

I didn't see anything about Zoe,but on main KS they said lot of actors from Dreamfall will appear again let's hope that includes Zoe's VA(I forgot her name).
Interesting thing since they put on update there's been jump pledges,you gotta love Aprill:).

Well it's officially funded altho that wasn't really in doubt after first day.First stretch goal is on 900k Mac,and Linux support so that is also pretty much guarantied.They list "Longest journey home"as final 2m stretch goal but they haven't revealed what it is yet,to me it sounds like remake of original TLJ which while it might be nice but it isn't all that exciting to me since I replayed original TLJ few years back on 1920X1080 and found nothing wrong with graphic.

Interesting. I thought Adventure games were a moribund genre, but they seem to be doing pretty well on Kickstarter. Congrats to them.

Final stretch goal revealed: at 2 million dollars, we'd apparently get the greenlight for the pre-production of another game: "The Longest Journey Home", a classic 2D adventure concluding April's story.

That would be awesome but they are unlikely to reach it.I hope they do it after from profit form Dreamfall chapters.April is one of my favorite video game protagonist(I am talking about April from TLJ I really disliked bitter woman she turned into in Dreamfall),and I would love to see her story concluded,preferably with happy end:).

Last edited:
Missed this when it was posted but landed my pay today.

They are nearing the deadline -- only 25 hours to go. Some $150,000 left to reach the 1.5 million stretch goal: the "Director's cut":
The Director's Cut will uncut a number of things we had to, um, cut in order to whittle our budget down to $1,000,000 -- including a couple of locations, some intriguing characters and conversations, a number of smaller scenes and intimate moments, a few puzzles, a bunch of minor story beats, and a hatful of funsies.

I was thinking about backing the Torment project as well, but might increase my pledge on Chapters instead, since Dreamfall meant more to me personally than PS:T did. And Torment is doing much better in any case ...

Anyone know if they are doing paypal? If so, that would count towards the amount of funding.

Anyone know if they are doing paypal? If so, that would count towards the amount of funding.

They are and it's counting,and it will continue after kickstarter so they might reach some goals even after kickstarter finishes.I am truly hoping they will reach 2m goal after KS since there is little to none chance of doing it during what's left of KS campaign.

And it's over with little above 1.5M.I am sorry they haven't reached 2M stretch goal but they will probably make longest journey home at some point.On the other hand when I seen 1.75m goal(iOS and android port)I lowered my pledge to lowest tier that gets me game(it was obvious they will reach 1.5m at that point).

This is now one of my most anticipated games,but I didn't like how kickstarter was done.Too much money for physical goods and when alternative outfits where requested they offered it as backer exclusive content for pretty high price(I have no interest in this but it still annoys me)

This is now one of my most anticipated games,but I didn't like how kickstarter was done.Too much money for physical goods and when alternative outfits where requested they offered it as backer exclusive content for pretty high price(I have no interest in this but it still annoys me)
True, that. I'll never be happy with "exclusive" in-game content in games. Either it should be part of the game, or not.

Still happy with the 1.5M goal. :)

Back
Top Bottom