Requital - Revealed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
UK publisher Excalibur (the company that first released Space Rangers 2 in English) has announced they have secured the rights to an action/RPG from Primal and Akella named Requital. The press release doesn't tell us much but here it is:
Excalibur Publishing bags the publishing rights to Requital…which means, “repay by good or evil!”
Banbury, England, May 27, 2007 – Excalibur Publishing, a leading publisher of original and innovative products for the PC are happy to announce that they have licensed from Russian developers Akella, developed by Primal Software, the publishing rights to Requital; a single player, third person view, combat RPG adventure set in an ancient brutal world ruled by superstition, sword and sorcery.
Your Story Your name is Wolfhound. You are the last of your clan. You were taken screaming from your mother’s breast and enslaved, whilst your parents were murdered at the hands of a murderous butcher. You now have your freedom and there is only one thought on your mind – revenge! All you remember about the person who ripped your family apart is the weapon he used and the mark on his hand. Your quest is to find him and make him pay for the death of your family with his death - by your sword.
Before you can repay the evil that was done to you and your parents, you must wear a mask of friendship to all those that you meet on your travels. The only way to get the information you need is by offering help to others. You will have to perform a variety of tasks, spend time building up your skills, weapons and armour, as well as training yourself by fighting lesser enemies.
Danger lurks all around these lands not only from the living but also from the undead! Always keep your best weapon close to hand!
More information.

"Your name is Wolfhound. You are the last of your clan. You were taken screaming from your mother’s breast and enslaved, whilst your parents were murdered at the hands of a murderous butcher."

I think I love it already; this has to be the best piece of fantasy cheese I've seen in a long, long while.

I can just see him with his rolling eyes, meat cleaver, and blood-stained apron...

Someone has obviously read Robert E. Howard during their formative years. All that synopsis lacks is the "lamentations of their women" quote. :)

That's okay by me. I've always wondered why the Hyperborean setting hasn't been used more.

Nice screenshots as well.

Don't be so snobby

"Your name is Wolfhound. You are the last of your clan. You were taken screaming from your mother’s breast and enslaved, whilst your parents were murdered at the hands of a murderous butcher."

I think I love it already; this has to be the best piece of fantasy cheese I've seen in a long, long while.

I can just see him with his rolling eyes, meat cleaver, and blood-stained apron...

Belive it or not. I read alot (google-fu'ed) about this game on russian websites (has been released last fall over there). It is not also a MOVIE-TIE-IN from a top grossing russina film, but also based on the most successfull NOVEL series ("Volkodav") in Russia by someone called Maria Semyonova.

Read it all here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416316/usercomments

BTW: I played the russian demo. It reminded my of Oblivion in looks and Two Worlds in gameplay

Aarghh!!! Too many action rpgs !! my head's gonna explode!!
seriously though aren't people bored to death already by those milions of new
Action RPGs? it's still has to be selling well. Just don't know why every single one is Diablo or Gothic\TES clone, and the copycats are much worser than originals, how it's possible that people are still buying this shit?
The only original thing in this genre on the horizon that I see is The Witcher, which seems to be more of the classical RPG anyway, and probably the most promising one since a few years

Yep, I have to say that on what I've read so far, this one is NOT for me!! The premise is pathetic!!

Someone has obviously read Robert E. Howard during their formative years. All that synopsis lacks is the "lamentations of their women" quote. :)

That's okay by me. I've always wondered why the Hyperborean setting hasn't been used more.

As soon as I started reading the story part of the press release I pictured Conan: The Barbarian too!

Aarghh!!! Too many action rpgs !! my head's gonna explode!!
seriously though aren't people bored to death already by those milions of new
Action RPGs? it's still has to be selling well.
I don't know how well they're doing ... look at Titan Quest, what is one of the more successful games in the genre didn't meet expectations and isn't getting anymore support or development ...

I think this swamping of action titles is just a lag--it will peter out soon. It's like all the RTS MMO's trying to cash in on WoW.

The devs for Titan Quest said if they had it do over, they wouldn't have used the top-down view, would've upped the graphics, etc to make it competitive with Oblivion, which is what all these titles are trying to aim for, success-wise and sales-wise. As it is, if the reviews don't say "great as or greater than " the big O, these titles won't sell..."enough".

Frankly I find it ironic (in a gloating kind of way :sneaky:) that Oblivion is now the acid test for new action-rpgs. A long way from what Beth would like you to believe about what the game is.

No offense to those who enjoy Oblivion. I haven't played it;just find it an interesting comparison. :)

Back
Top Bottom