Dishonored - DLC Dunwall City Trials Announced

aries100

SasqWatch
Bethesda announced today the first DLC for Dishonered. The name of the DLC is Dunwall City Trials and it
releases in December for £3.99 / €4.99 or 400 Microsoft Points simultaneously on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It includes 10 challenge maps each with 10 distinct trials designed to test your combat, stealth and mobility skills. These trials include an arena battle against waves of enemy AI, drop assassinations and a race against the clock. There are new achievements and trophies and a global online leaderboard. That's the first DLC. The second and third add-ons will launch in 2013 simultaneously on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, and each features a story-driven campaign.
More information.

Haven't quite reached the end, but I've really enjoyed this game so far. Good to hear there will be a few different add-ons with story-driven campains. Even the "City Trials" sounds like it will be fun, and $4.99 is not bad.

Story-driven campaigns I like as for the Trial pack not interested. I'm sure there are plenty of people who relish the idea of challenge maps so to each their own.

It includes 10 challenge maps each with 10 distinct trials designed to test your combat, stealth and mobility skills. These trials include an arena battle against waves of enemy AI, drop assassinations and a race against the clock. There are new achievements and trophies and a global online leaderboard.

Exactly the kind of DLC that I despise.

Bleh. Sad that they spend time on crap like this.

My guess is that this kind of 'challenges' DLC doesn't require much time or efforts to create (nor to play probably), but yes, it's relatively cheap.

That sounds horrible. When are DLC's going to go from some stupid gimmick to actual content to extend the game such as quests, stories, areas, ect.?

That sounds horrible. When are DLC's going to go from some stupid gimmick to actual content to extend the game such as quests, stories, areas, ect.?

When publishers stop making games for consoles. The 2gb limits for download forced by Microsoft make it impossible to make large content updates as DLCs.

There is also ROI (return on investment) involved, see Bethesda have a spoken limit for DLCs and other stuff like that. They are probably not the only ones. So they want cheaply made DLCs that they will sell for way more than they are worth...

How can they get away with such crappy expansions when we know from the past what expansions are really supposed to be like??? Do people actually buy these junky add-ons these days? I seriously doubt it, when I see the stuff offered today it makes me sad for the NWN and BG days. Hell, even DA Origins had what I'd call a real expanion, and if Bioware can do it, anyone can!

-Carn

In a few months, after they finish making them. (the 2nd and 3rd DLC scheduled for release in 2013)

My guess is that this kind of 'challenges' DLC doesn't require much time or efforts to create (nor to play probably), but yes, it's relatively cheap.

Exactly, it wouldn't take as much time as contacting and recording voice-actors. Desing a new part of the city, They might not even need to make new art assets, just some programming and level design.

I'm betting the story DLC will have a higher price point (10-15 bucks) and obviously will have had a longer time to be made.

I actually think releasing these trials as DLC is a great idea. That way the game wasn't delayed for a feature that many weren't interested in (shoehorning subpar multiplayer anyone?). On the other hand those that like that kind of stuff are probably annoyed they have to pay an additional 5 bucks.

As for the story DLC, I'm hoping we'll get to visit some places we've only heard about.

Back
Top Bottom