Etherlords!

I do. Starts interesting, but after about half an hour you grow old, exit the game and never return to it. It's one of those games that initially look charming and then you discover it's utterly annoying.

It is an interesting title, with a steep difficulty curve. Imagine Magic the Gathering meets King's Bounty. The second game is better, but the first one is quite fun as well. Just be prepared to not win every battle you start.

I loved Etherlords!!!! 1 and 2, liked the games a lot. It's basically a card game but each 'faction' has different cards and wildly different strategies. Very good games.

Gog had it for 2.39 the other day, and I sent myself an email from work to buy it when I got home - unfortunately, forgot to get it anyway. Whatver, it's 6 bucks now. At six dollar price point, it's pretty hard to lose even if it's only a few hours of entertainment.

I've got to try it, some of my favorite games are quirky old titles nobody else likes (like MythII:soulblighter, Battlezone2)

Last edited:
I loved Etherlords 2, it was really hard at times, but that made it that much more exciting when you finally figured out how to progress. Etherlords 2 is very different from Etherlords 1 though. Etherlods 1 was trying more to be like HoMM, and I didn't really think they pulled it off. Etherlords 2 was more like King's Bounty, and for me at least, it was the far superior game.

Loved it too. Time for a remake / part 3?

No poor sales equals no more sequels. Someone can always try kickstater if they can get the license.

Played the first one years ago never did get the 2nd. Worth getting, was it any good? Any changes from the first that made the second way better?

-Carn

FWIW I didn't like the first game, way too slow moving on the strategic side using a turn-based strategy map there, that changed in E2 making the game a lot quicker moving.
And this time you only control a single hero character at a time that you develop from scenario to scenario, making things a lot easier to keep track of.

Plus the actual card choices are much more interesting and balanced for the second game as was the Campaign itself which you get to play from the perspective of all four sides.

The 2nd is very different then the first, it's plays like a completely different genre of game. It plays a bit like King's Bounty where you just control a single hero, leveling up and going through a campaign.

Played the first one years ago never did get the 2nd. Worth getting, was it any good? Any changes from the first that made the second way better?

-Carn

Back
Top Bottom