Age of Wonders 3 - Announced by Triumph

Dhruin

SasqWatch
After a number of teases, Triumph Studios has finally unveiled Age of Wonders 3, which is scheduled to be released Autumn 2013. From Eurogamer:

Dutch studio Triumph (Overlord) is bringing the Age of Wonders strategy RPG series back to life with Age of Wonders 3.
Triumph co-created the series with Epic Games in 1999. The last instalment in the series was Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic in 2002.
Triumph is targeting an autumn 2013 release for Age of Wonders 3 on PC, but won't force it if it's not ready. There are plans for a Mac version - maybe even to launch simultaneously - but these aren't set in stone. Later on, a tablet version may appear.
It's not a Kickstarter project - work began in 2010 before the Kickstarter boom - and it doesn't have a new-age business model. Age of Wonders 3 has high production values and will be sold on Steam and Good old Games and in boxes in regions where that's appropriate.
Thanks, komandos1983! Screens and a trailer are available at the Eurogamer link.

More information.

Looks like insta-buy to me on gog.com.... I'm a TBS sucker....

Age of wonders 3 announced

Developers of Overlord 2 are working on Age of wonders 3 here is link to official site with trailer and there is article on RPS about it.

Edit: when watch article sorry I guess I need better glasses:(.

Looks like that reddit article from 5 months ago I posted was right. It was a rumor then but like most industry rumors turned out to be true.

Hopefully they don't screw it up. If they ruin it I blow a gasket and go loco on them.:mad: I still play every game in the series occasionally.

Iiiinteresting. I still listen to the soundtrack of AoW I & II sometimes. Good stuff.

Hell yeah!!! :biggrin:

I personally think that AoW Shadow Magic is the best turned based fantasy strategy game ever made, better than Master of Magic.

Made my week!

Hell yeah!!! :biggrin:

I personally think that AoW Shadow Magic is the best turned based fantasy strategy game ever made, better than Master of Magic.

Made my week!

I used to think that too, until I tried Eador....

I used to think that too, until I tried Eador….

Eador is a good game but sadly like most games of this kind doesn't play like a Master of Magic game. Age of Wonders is the closet I ever played.

Warlock - Master of the Arcane is a contender also. I recommend that game also if your a Age of Wonders fan. The combat is simplified though. Sorta like the Civ games.

Last edited:
This is awesome news. The AOW games are great. The tactical combat has phenomenal depth.

Awesome news.

Please don't dumb this game down. And please keep it….a game. Let me choose the number of factions to play against on a randomly generated map. Keep the large number of factions that have been available in the past. Let me continue to customize my faction in more depth than just appearance. Preserve the tactical depth of the combat and the great variety between factions, etc.

Don't make me play a scripted campaign only, a la Stronghold 3 and the very recent and very disappointing Omerta: City of Gangsters.

Back
Top Bottom