Neruo Hunter

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Hey, I just read the BD thread and would have posted this sooner if I had known curious or txa1265 were having trouble.

Ok one trigger that can break the game is by trying to talk to Kathern after she says she will meet you at Toadstool's but before she reaches the location.
It's ok to talk to her there normally once she reaches Toadstool's, but when you in front of the medbay in the prison once she says meet her, don't try again till you see here again near the starting area.

Ok please let me know have any trouble and which quest is breaking on you, I can/willl help fix it as you can edit your ini files. :)
I am no expert but given a little bit of time we can track it down.

Also if yoiu get stuck there is an FAQ which is not 100% but very detailed on GameFaqs
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/930117.html

Btw I think its pretty neat game for a budget tilte and the graphics are good, movment is kinda wonky but changing your field of view from 40 to 60 fixes most funny feelings durigng movment.

Thanks - I haven't had it installed in at least a year ... I've thought about it a few times but haven't done it again. Maybe in a month or so ... and then I'll figure out where I get into trouble (obviously will have to start again).

yeah that's about 10% through the game and where i messed up the first time. its wierd though i was able to continue on through the entire game until the last 10 minutes of the game. but because i had messed up that trigger i was unable to get the 'super weapon' or finish the game. but its all good as i had a fun time revisiting it over the last few weeks and actually finished it this time. it must have been a labour of love for the designers (media art) as the voice acting is far above any other 'budget' game and the lip-synching/body mechanics in dialogue rival some of the best games out there.

Still looking for a decently priced copy of this game. If anyone sees one let me know. I want the original cd though, none of that direct download stuff.

Still looking for a decently priced copy of this game. If anyone sees one let me know. I want the original cd though, none of that direct download stuff.

Here is one from the UK that looks like it will cost you <$10 incl. shipping.

that's the merchant i bought it from in 2005 though i think it was 7 pounds when i bought it. it actually dropped to the current price after a month or so too though i hadn't seen it listed in awhile. its ironic but i actually have gotten most games purchased in the uk quicker than i get them from here in the states.

I have them all as well (save for NWN) with all the original boxes and manuals to boot, but I'd probably fork over $40 to have all those games in one box and on DVD. It would be nice for future replays so I didn't have to mess with the original cd's.

I noticed a few other neat compilations on that site that I've never seen in the U.S.
One was a Fallout collection with FO 1, 2, and FO Tactics for around $30.

Man... for someone that doesn't own a single one of those, that is damn tempting... even if at my current rate of play it would take approximately 12 years of dedication to get through all of them. :)

@JDR13: There's an Aussie auctioning it and it currently stands at <$30 including shipping! Ends in a little over a day, FYI...

P.S. Any idea if it has any physcial materials beyond the disc? Or is everything PDF'ed?

I seriously doubt it has the manuals that came with the original games. Probably some streamlined versions, or PDF like you said.

Oh, I almost forgot in case anyone cares this uses the deadly starforce.
My soultion for dealing with starforce is to take an older drive (30 gig in my case) install your OS and any drivers you need then only boot from this drive with no other Slave or secondary Master connected, also never hurts to have Zone Alarm on any drive to prevent incoming hacks and outgoing data thieft.
This way you can keep all starforce games on one drive, keeping it's Rootkit from ever getting near your important data in case you do lose the drive.
Currently have Hammer & Sickle, Neruo Hunter and Hard Truck safely isolated, so worst case I will only lose some Save games. ;)

Currently have Hammer & Sickle, Neruo Hunter and Hard Truck safely isolated, so worst case I will only lose some Save games. ;)

You mean Hard Truck Apocalypse? Shit! I didn't know that game had Starforce, I installed it a few months ago. I haven't noticed any ill effects though.

BTW: what did you think of it? I only played it for a few hours, before realizing that the reviews were right, the game is terrible!

Well if you need the starforce removal tool it's not hard to find on google, since they can leave the rootkit embeded in your OS kernel.

Well yeah it was pretty unfinished, unpolished and instead of a badly needed patch they just are working on multiplayer expansion. :(
My biggest issue is they use leveling, so technically like another game it maybe possible to complete it with the starter truck, that's weird thinking about the first truck is really bad. :p

They really needed another 6 months to a year to get all the quest, dialogues, voice, faces and balancing correct it's basicly a Beta.
I wouldn't suggest anyone get it since it's so unfinsihed/rushed, unless they were really hardcore and into an Open World Style Shootum up, yeeee haaa! ;)

I saw many reviews and it seems most professional reviews are in the 40% range while the fans reviews average about 65%.
I would be in the 65% mostly for the potiental it has and being an Open World and for what they were trying to do with a limited budget title.
Oddly enough, I can't recall atm, a single game out in 2006 finsihed, in fact most were badly rushed.

I was on their board just after release unpacking the files, editing and tweaking, funny enough, I had the first mod on the English boards, actually I think I made the only English mod, lol.

I went through and edited all the trucks to allow more Gadgets, so I was alble to take the a vehicle, especially the last one and had like 3000 tourqe and Iirc (i's been almost a year now) I was going from like 0 to 400 miles an hour in about 10 seconds.
The quite fun to get out cutting donuts in the sand and running circles around the bandits and hitting the smallest bump it would launch you for what felt like a mile of terrian, I really wish I could have figured out how to adjust the gravity. :p

I wish they were focusing fixing Single Player and Coop multiplayer, instead of deathmatch since it would be more fun to have a RPG Truck Coop game, woot!

Edit
I just remembered something kinda of funny, I don't think any of reviewers knew there was a branching story which went two different directions and two different stories though some quest were common.
The branch was if you choose to help the girl you first meet on your first quest sell whatever your father wamted sold.
They had a good foundation but either ran out of money, time or both.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom